New "P. Imperator" (pix coming soon) Right one?

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My local petstore doesn't carry scorps or ts. When I purchased my T I had to "place an order". Same thing with my scorp. I inspected him well through the deli cup and thanks to you all I know I got a male like I requested. Through the cup he looks BLACK. Get him in the tank however and he looks a bright jade color. I know they are supposed to have a green tint or something similar but this is worrying me.

He seems to have small amounts of hairs on his claws to add to the green shade. I'm not so sure I got an P. Imp. after all. He's not using any of the hides or anything which leads me to believe it may be the wrong enviroment for him. I don't want him to die off because of the wrong habitat stressing him. I know pix would be best and they're coming soon, but anyone having any ideas could help me, I appreciate it..

Oh...and I noticed his left second leg was broken off at what seems to be the joint. He's not bleeding and it doesn't seem to bother him, but if it is indeed the wrong one, I think they may have just wanted to get rid of it because it was injured. :mad:

Alright here we go:

Update:

I redid the enclosure with 1 inch of gravel, 1 inch of potting soil, and then filled it up with Bed a beast. Added a "Bubble Stump" and some moss. After I dropped him in, he made the rounds and the went in his cave.

The place where the pet store get's the t's and scorps only keeps them on newspaper or bare tanks. With a cut out Tupperware container for hides. :mad: I talked them into not getting shit from them until they fix their enclosures.

Old enclosure:

New Enlosure

My new buddy:

Last edited:

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks normal to me
the different lighting between the shop and your home and your flash will cause color differences... what you're seeing is a small amount of UV spectrum light reflecting back...

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
TheNothing said:
looks normal to me
the different lighting between the shop and your home and your flash will cause color differences... what you're seeing is a small amount of UV spectrum light reflecting back...
Thanks! good to know he won't keel over due to the wrong habitat! :D Speaking of which, how does the new setup look? adequate enough?

Last edited:

thesupermonkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't worry

My emp also has a greenish tint under certain lights.
That's an emp alright. The diff between
imperator and spinnifer is the spinnifer looks like a very smooth,
shaved emp. Well... that and the attitude. Nice setup and a
fine looking specimen you got there. Has he eaten yet?

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thesupermonkey said:
My emp also has a greenish tint under certain lights.
That's an emp alright. The diff between
imperator and spinnifer is the spinnifer looks like a very smooth,
shaved emp. Well... that and the attitude. Nice setup and a
fine looking specimen you got there. Has he eaten yet?
Nope...not yet...hoping soon.. ;P