Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I might as well share the most embarrassing moment of my life. My introduction to Budweiser the goathing.
The tack room was around 100 feet up a steep hill and I didn't feel like taking 2 trips. I've got a 100 foot coil of rope, a 20 foot chunk of chain, 2 lead ropes and a rifle scabbard hanging from around my neck, a 5 gallon saddle bag over each shoulder, a heavy western work saddles, solid oak frame type, in each hand, 2 bridles and 2 halters clamped in my teeth and 2 blankets and 2 pads wedged under my arms. 10 feet from my truck and I get slammed into from behind. Knocked down onto my hands and knees Budweiser tries to mount me.
Can you blame him you sexy thing you lol!

That's awesome. After reading these goat stories I can't tell whether or not I'd want one.

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If you get one, make sure its one of Budwieser's babies lol. Little Snarklings. :)
Can you blame you sexy thing you lol!

That's awesome. After reading these goat stories I can't tell whether or not I'd want one.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Having had them so long, I would be inclined to say no you don't. :p That said, to each their own. I was sort of impartial to mine, I took good of them, and they had a good home, but honestly they aren't an animal I ever desire to own again. That could just be me though, there are plenty of people who keep goats that adore them. They just aren't my animal of choice (they can be pretty cute though).

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What about pygmy goats? You think those would be a little less ram:)bunctious?
Having had them so long, I would be inclined to say no you don't. :p That said, to each their own. I was sort of impartial to mine, I took good of them, and they had a good home, but honestly they aren't an animal I ever desire to own again. That could just be me though, there are plenty of people who keep goats that adore them. They just aren't my animal of choice (they can be pretty cute though).

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Okay. The worst of the worst. Budweisers owner finally solved his amorous inclinations in a novel way. She took an old soggy mattress and draped it over a saw horse up at the top of an unused corral sort of out of sight of things. She then stuffed some used sanitary napkins into the mattress and smeared some mare in season drippings over it. That kept him busy and out of our hair for several months.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
A lot of work I'm guessing and too smart for anyone's good.

They're cute but I don't know if they're that cute.

Ferrets. That's where it's at. Cute as hell, dumb as dung, and if you keep more than one usually very friendly too.

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:28 PM ----------

Okay. The worst of the worst. Budweisers owner finally solved his amorous inclinations in a novel way. She took an old soggy mattress and draped it over a saw horse up at the top of an unused corral sort of out of sight of things. She then stuffed some used sanitary napkins into the mattress and smeared some mare in season drippings over it. That kept him busy and out of our hair for several months.
Mmm the guest mattress haha. For when the family visits.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great idea! Atleast that gave everyones rear ends some time to heal.

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:30 PM ----------

Nate, ive had like 6 ferrets. Hands down the best pet ever! My first one (Boomer) i grew extremely attached to, and was horrible to see him go. I let him run loose in my bedroom. Little thief though, loved to steal my doritos, creme savers, any other candy!

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
What about pygmy goats? You think those would be a little less ram:)bunctious?
Meh, they're cute but they still eat everything and poop everywhere, and they're still goats just smaller versions of them (one of my biggest pet peeves was the girls would also break out of their stall at night, and poop all over the aisle of the barn). Much like how miniature horses are cute and small, but still need to be treated like horses as they can do some good damage (I used to look after and show minis for a farm near us when I was a teen, and they could be downright nasty, and inflict some good damage). As with mini anything, smaller doesn't mean easier, in fact it often means even bigger attitude.

The Snark

Old Timer
Goats are cute. I suppose waking up to a cold slither of a rattler deciding to share your sleeping bag could be considered cute in someones book too.

Somewhere out on the upper Mojave desert there is a ramshackle 8' x 8' shed on skids. Inside one will find the semi fossilized pieces of several rattlesnakes and if one was to lift up the moldy mattress liberally paved with an odd stiff yellow substance one will note some 50 or so bullet holes in the floor.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Nate, ive had like 6 ferrets. Hands down the best pet ever! My first one (Boomer) i grew extremely attached to, and was horrible to see him go. I let him run loose in my bedroom. Little thief though, loved to steal my doritos, creme savers, any other candy!
I had four growing and if it wasn't for the smell and their short life spans and expensive vet bills seeing how they're prone to illnesses I would have many more. We had four different personalities too. Whitey, our albino (we had a better name but we were young and it just turned into that), taught her new cat a very valuable lesson. We introduced them and right when the cat was about to slap she jumped up and grabbed the cats neck. Not choking or doing anything serious but the point was made. Both hit the ground and we let them stay like that for a few seconds so it would set in for the cat. She never raised another paw when they were outside the cage. She'd follow them though just watching. When they were inside she might try to slap at them. It was great...

Brownie (again, children names) was a drunk. He would always get into my mom's beer cans and that's where we'd always find him haha. Stinky was found on someone's lawn just running around. She was the sickly one who last all her hair for most of her life except right before she died. Weird, it just grew back a few months prior. Sable (we like our colors) would always steal the bread or the papertowels and try to drag them into her hiding spot. 8 years and she never gave up lol. Definitely very fun and pretty much easy pets. They refused to eat ferret food so we kept them on cat food and we would put peanut butter on our hands to clip their nails. When they were licking up peanut butter you could do anything to them!

We would bring them over to the field too and let them run around. We had leashes and would try to walk them. My all time favorite thing about our ferrets was just about anytime we scooped them up they would just go limp... unless we were trying to cut their nails.

The Snark

Old Timer
I definitely think most people should own a few goats. Especially milking nannys. You havevn't lived until you've spent 45 minutes in the freezing pre-dawn, hands and arms aching from squeezing out the juice, only to have a nanny step in the bucket at the last drop. And so cute! Read, 40,500 different ways to toss their heads and snag something very important or painful with their horns. Then there's the billy that stands 3 foot at the shoulder that can crawl under a 6 inch gap in the bottom of a fence. Or the little speed demon capable of climbing an 8 foot board fence and clomping around on the roof at midnight. Little darlings.

VictorHernandez

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice!!!!! I want a wethered male pygmy goat and call him Juanito! Goats are supposedly smarter that dogs, very intelligent. And can learn to come to their name. And I love their pupils.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha thats funny. I wouldnt doubt it, my dogs are idiots lol. Nelson will come to his name when called, and yeah those pupils are so awesome.
Nice!!!!! I want a wethered male pygmy goat and call him Juanito! Goats are supposedly smarter that dogs, very intelligent. And can learn to come to their name. And I love their pupils.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A lot of work I'm guessing and too smart for anyone's good.

They're cute but I don't know if they're that cute.

Ferrets. That's where it's at. Cute as hell, dumb as dung, and if you keep more than one usually very friendly too.

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:28 PM ----------

And the poop is TERRIBLE.....

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great idea! Atleast that gave everyones rear ends some time to heal.

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:30 PM ----------

My male used to steal my wallet. They had free range of the apt, cept the kitchen. And I lost a whole paycheck for half a day once cause I left my work pants on the ground.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha awesome little thieves. We came home once and found him asleep in the middle of the floor. He had crayons and candy wrappers in a circle all around him. He woke up and looked at us like, WHAT???
My male used to steal my wallet. They had free range of the apt, cept the kitchen. And I lost a whole paycheck for half a day once cause I left my work pants on the ground.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well we put a new collar and hook on nelson today. Uhhhh that was fun to say the least lol. I survived with only one rip in my pants.