New little Skunky

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I got the ultimate (early) Birthday present..my best friend bought me another baby skunk!

(As some of you may know, I live in Wisconsin where it is legal, with a license, to own a domesticated skunk. I have one other skunk named Axl, whom there's photos of somewhere in the forum.)

Anywho, she's an Albino skunk (No stripes!) and her name is Siouxsie (Ala Siouxsie and the Banshees)

Here's some photos, she's just the sweetest little girl ever!

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Congrats on the addition.... Never heard of albino skunks.... I'm off to see some pictures!

apidaeman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet! :D

I saw a wild albino coon last year in the woods here where I live. I have been told I'll probably never see another one in the wild like that for the rest of my life.
Seeing your cute little one just caused me to remember that.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Weird, it looks like a ferret. Congrats on the new baby!

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Im developing a deep seething jealously of you!!!

(Getting over the rage long enough to congratulate you)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW She is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! Your so lucky!! Hug her for me!

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im developing a deep seething jealously of you!!!

(Getting over the rage long enough to congratulate you)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW She is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! Your so lucky!! Hug her for me!

Hehe. She just woke up and is rather loudly munching away. Will be sure to send her a cuddle from you!

dovii88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wicked looking skunk..always wanted one..never looked into it..i would rather get a koutamundi..dont know if it is spelt right lol..

SuperRad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your skunks are rad! I've wanted a pet skunk since like jr. high. If I wasn't already familiar with WI I would want to move there just for the skunks.

Jer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How much cooler, in your opinion, is owning a skunk compared to owning a cat?

ChondroGirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I love her cute little face. How old is she? Do your skunks eat cat food?

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the addition.... Never heard of albino skunks.... I'm off to see some pictures!

Yeah they're pretty awesome.

I had to have a talk with the cats and explain we can't treat her any different just because she doesn't have stripes.

:)

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How much cooler, in your opinion, is owning a skunk compared to owning a cat?

Honestly, I think my cats are pretty bad*ss, so they're probably of equal 'coolness'. Hehe. They have different personalities, skunks are a bit more wild and into everything while my cats are just spaz's who sleep and poop all day.

A skunk you can watch and be entertained for hours. Literally. I brought home some bark and such for my T's and within 5 minutes it was everywhere but in the bag and Axl (my b&w skunk) had engaged in an hour and a half battle with a chunk of bark.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
hairmetalspider, did you know that the font you use is rather difficult to read? At least on my screen it is, it is all small and scrunched together. I skip most of your posts just because I can't read them, and I want to read them. Just thought I'd let you know.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hairmetalspider, did you know that the font you use is rather difficult to read? At least on my screen it is, it is all small and scrunched together. I skip most of your posts just because I can't read them, and I want to read them. Just thought I'd let you know.

Hm. I can read them fine. Dunno what to tell ya?
I'll look into it.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Now that I'm at home looking at my bigger screen, I can read them fine too. Must just be my smaller monitor at work.:)

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have heard that skunks can make awesome pets, but I heard that you have to have them declawed. Is that true?
I don't know why I would have more of an issue with getting them declawed than descented, tho'. I guess I'm still working off the guilt for having had my own cat declawed. I didn't have much of a choice, but just the same. If I'm going to hell, that is what it will be for.:(