New little one!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah it did not want to leave the vial, kept spinning in circles in threat pose trying to bite the brush :shifty:
Haha, I can image how it looked posturing at a small size.

I had that trouble the first few I took out of a vial.

One thing that might help when working in a cup or vial is a crooked herding tool. For 32 oz delis I use a straw. I bend it at the crook 90 degrees. I tilt the cup to the side and slide the straw past the T and touch it from the back. They will move away from the touch out the opening. For vials I use a plastic broom straw that I bend a 90 piece on the end. Then you just use it the same way.

That way they don't feel like they are being attacked from the front. That they can't go out so they press themselves back as far as they can trying to avoid the attacking thing.

Last edited:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Haha, I can image how it looked posturing at a small size.
I wanted to get a picture but didn't have my camera on hand and had the vial tilted at an angle. Hubby doesn't love getting involved in rehousing either, especially with new Ts I impulse-buy that he knows nothing about so helping was out of the question :D

I'll take more shots tonight after work - I'm dying with anticipation to see what it has done since I left this morning! I wish I could be a stay-at-home spider mom :arghh:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'll take more shots tonight after work - I'm dying with anticipation to see what it has done since I left this morning! I wish I could be a stay-at-home spider mom :arghh:
Haha, they can be pretty fast webbers. Mine will seal up the lid on the deli cup pretty quick and several of them have more than a few webbed/buried water dishes in their enclosures.

Good luck trying to convince your husband to let you stay at home and care for all your little ones. :D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Haha, they can be pretty fast webbers. Mine will seal up the lid on the deli cup pretty quick and several of them have more than a few webbed/buried water dishes in their enclosures.

Good luck trying to convince your husband to let you stay at home and care for all your little ones. :D
Yeahhhh I don't think he's gonna go for that either. :sorry:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeahhhh I don't think he's gonna go for that either. :sorry:
Be sure to let him know the first few years are critical for the proper development of the little ones. You don't want them turning bad later in life due to an early lack of nurturing. :D

Last edited:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Be sure to let him know the first few years are critical for the proper development of the little ones. You don't want the turning bad later in life due to an early lack of nurturing. :D
Right, because if they're not raised correctly it'll come back on us - more stress, more work and more money down the line! It's imperative for their development that they feel loved and protected at an early age. No one likes rebellious juveniles!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I have several N incei including some that I bought from @cold blood.

I have an olive female that is close to 3" in a Hobby Lobby Basketball display case with about 6" of substrate. I gave her a pre-burrow in a cork bark half cylinder and she has expanded one entrance into multiple entrances of which one of them is on the opposite side of the enclosure. She will randomly spend extended time periods above the substrate but typically goes back down in her burrow after eating prey.

All of mine quite often come up to the substrate with curiosity when I open the container. Sometimes they will sit just below the substrate and stick their legs up toward the surface to feel for who is visiting. My gold are more bold and will show up on the surface level more often. None of them have given threat poses.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
All of mine quite often come up to the substrate with curiosity when I open the container. Sometimes they will sit just below the substrate and stick their legs up toward the surface to feel for who is visiting. My gold are more bold and will show up on the surface level more often. None of them have given threat poses.

They do strike me as a very curious T, I like it a lot. Who knew so much personality was packed into such small spiders?
Well, aside from all of you guys that already have them, that is. :D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
What kind is it? Adorable! Looking to get my 1st T.
Nice! There are plenty of great threads with good beginner lists on here, I wouldn't recommend this one as a beginner. But it's a Neoholothele incei

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Yeah it did not want to leave the vial, kept spinning in circles in threat pose trying to bite the brush :shifty:
*sigh*
Ok can you please start recording your spider stuff? Because we want to see that. All of us.
Don't make the mistake as nicodimus22! o_O

Leila

Arachnobaron
Ohhhh.. But we can dream, Paige (about being stay at home T moms) lol

Last edited:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
What kind is it? Adorable! Looking to get my 1st T.
Nice! There are plenty of great threads with good beginner lists on here, I wouldn't recommend this one as a beginner. But it's a Neoholothele incei
I agree that it is not a good beginner species. This one needs some moisture and is quite fast if spooked (like during rehousings and early stages in new home). But you should certainly keep it in your list as a T to get after you get rolling in the hobby.

I remember when I got several slings. I put them in 32 oz deli cups. Since mine were not small slings I didn't over-size their enclosures. While these cups worked out really well after they got settled it seems like the cups didn't have enough horizontal space at the beginning. I only had a couple incidents, but the slings would zip out of the burrow hole at full speed and go enough distance that it would end up stopping at spot that was completely out of the cup. This type of event will wake you up in a hurry if you are just going through the paces of doing maintenance. You really need an outer larger plastic tub and your catch cup to be handy for them. But even with that I never got a defense posture. They might do really well in an over-sized enclosure since they have somewhat similar active personalities to a GBB in my opinion.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Are these wonderful Ts a secret in the hobby? Is there an incei club that I haven't heard of?

This morning it was laying on its side in the burrow (which is twice the size it was last night when I went to bed) grooming. Literally stretched out on its side scratching its tummy.
I'm so in love.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Are these wonderful Ts a secret in the hobby? Is there an incei club that I haven't heard of?

This morning it was laying on its side in the burrow (which is twice the size it was last night when I went to bed) grooming. Literally stretched out on its side scratching its tummy.
I'm so in love.
I really have enjoyed mine. They have settled in making nice sub tunnels and they love webbing. I see mine out all the time and they do like to groom after meals. Honestly, if it wasn't for them being prone to flight until they get settled (mine settled quickly) and their high run speed (if you give yourself work room than this is a non problem) I'd recommend them to people earlier on. Once mine settled, they were easy to care for and never tried to leave the cup. They have been some of the worse about burying their water dishes and webbing over the spots. I have one who has collected 4 bottle caps in it's enclosure and the new one is already got web on it. :rolleyes: It's a great species that everyone should have IMO.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I really have enjoyed mine. They have settled in making nice sub tunnels and they love webbing. I see mine out all the time and they do like to groom after meals. Honestly, if it wasn't for them being prone to flight until they get settled (mine settled quickly) and their high run speed (if you give yourself work room than this is a non problem) I'd recommend them to people earlier on. Once mine settled, they were easy to care for and never tried to leave the cup. They have been some of the worse about burying their water dishes and webbing over the spots. I have one who has collected 4 bottle caps in it's enclosure and the new one is already got web on it. :rolleyes: It's a great species that everyone should have IMO.
Mine is a little jumpy but after the first night in the new enclosure it hasn't tried to bolt on me.
And yeah I decorated its enclosure nicely and put some plants and flowers in there...everything has been webbed over already. Hasn't seemed to care much about the water dish yet but it's on the opposite side from the burrow.

I definitely want more. Unfortunately this was the last one at my LPS but I'm going to see if they can get more in case this one is a boy. I'd even go as far as to say I'd like to attempt breeding them down the line now that I've learned quite a bit with G. pulchra. I've heard they're communal as well so maybe the chances of things going badly are lessened :D

EDIT: Just read through the breeding reports on this sp...all very successful and lots of double clutches!

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Mine is a little jumpy but after the first night in the new enclosure it hasn't tried to bolt on me.
Mine were very tiny when I got them so it took them a little time to really set up a full burrow. Once they did that I had no problem with them.

Unlike the tiny Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati sling "Roy" who just sat on the side of the cup unless he was making a break for freedom. He too finally molted then settled to make a nice burrow like the rest.