New Jersey Show

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Animal Rules:

- No venomous or de-venomized allowed

- No crocodilians allowed

- No turtles or tortoises for sale, but they can be exhibited.

- No scorpions or dangerous arachnids

- No live mammals except closed-eye pinkie/fuzzy feeder mice

- No NJ native animals, federally endangered, or threatened species may be sold or displayed. Please contact the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife if you have any questions.

- Animals for sale must be healthy and acclimated. Any animal deemed unhealthy by the show staff must be removed from the table immediately, no exceptions.

- All animals must be displayed in closed containers, tanks, cages, or enclosures with proper ventilation and room to move.

- Animals should not be overcrowded in their display enclosures.

- No loose animals, they must be sold in secure containers or bags.

- All animals must be kept in clean, suitable, secure, and humane containers

Dont think many will go :\ tons of regulations

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dangerous arachnids is a very loose term.
i wonder why no turtles or tortoises. i always thought NJ was a very exotics friendly state. very little regulations. one of the few states that allow private citizens to own big cats ( at least here on the east coast).

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 07:25 AM ----------

Theres this one on the next day.
http://www.njreptileexpo.com/news/
dont know if its any good though.

Boatman

Arachnosquire
Dont think many will go :\ tons of regulations
I know. I read that, too. Still hoping…

dangerous arachnids is a very loose term.
I know. That occurred to me as well. Could be subject to one’s own interpretation. I’m hoping someone on here has been & can confirm.

i wonder why no turtles or tortoises. i always thought NJ was a very exotics friendly state.
It’s illegal to sell turtles and tortoises in New Jersey.

DannyH

Arachnobaron
New Jersey is anti turtle because of salmonella. When they say dangerous arachnids they usually mean only deadly spiders such as widows. If not they would just ban arachnids entirely.

Boatman

Arachnosquire
When they say dangerous arachnids they usually mean only deadly spiders such as widows. If not they would just ban arachnids entirely.
That's good to hear, Danny. I might check it out cuz it's not too far from me.

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So lions and tigers are ok but turtles and tortoises are a public danger....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Boatman

Arachnosquire
Aren't Ts illegal in NYC?

OK to own, trade or give away turtles in NJ. Just can't sell them. Doesn't make sense. You can get the same bacteria from lizards, birds, etc.

Last edited:

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
All Laws are written in English, which means they're open to interpretation from all angles. Frankly this concept scares the crap out of me

I guess my biggest question is what is the true definition of a "venomous animal" according to state and local law.

New Jersey would be such a great place to have shows - but all the limitations are just ridiculous.

However I think that #1 some people should go and #2 Someone should call department of Game in Jersey and get the official scoop.

Boatman

Arachnosquire
I put it on my calendar. I'm going to try to go and check it out.

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
Please take photographs and I am sure Department of Game will be there - please ask as many questions as you can.

I don't have to worry about where I live in Virginia because only poisonous animals are illegal. I don't have any poisonous ones.. hehe