New Housing for a T. Blondi. GOOD??

Yung Cae$ar

Arachnopeon
This is a very good cage setup but i would not get a T blondi first thing,and they like it extremely humid, I recommend a Brachy. Hardy, beautiful, and not too difficult to find.

Wait until maybe 2-3 years of experience for a blondi.

Spc.Fred

Arachnopeon
I've finally decided im getting a T Blondi its coming this Thursday 5 inch unsex. if anyone think im not capable of handling one its no bigy i like challenges i think ive done enough research on it and with all your advices i think ill be okay having one. I 'm also going to change the set up, more peat raising it up few more inches, make my miniature cave hole a lot bigger and might change my dish to smaller one. I'll try to repost pic once i've done re modeling it. OH cant I wait for my T. Blondi {D

JUST WANT TO THANK YOU GUY'S Been really helpful now i'm really confident of owning a T. BLondi

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well done. Don't **** about with the spider, and you'll have an excellent buddy in that tank.

elephantspider

Arachnopeon
Agreed, get the spider you want. I got a H. gigas as a first, and then a rosie, and the rosie turned out to be a much bigger handful than the gigas. I can't even change the rosies waterdish without almost being bit everytime. I have to use huge tongs that get pulled at by my "sweet little begginer rosie". So yeah, it depends a lot on the person as to what T they should get first, but then again, it depends on the T too. You never know what you are going to get.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My tarantula was a T. blondi. If you do your research and are very careful about messing with them, theres no reason why you cant get a T. blondi as your first. If you do, have some anti-itch cream handy. Also, if you keep a T. blond in there you HAVE to keep it wet all the time. T. blondi's require ALOT of humidity to allow them to molt properly.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, if you keep a T. blond in there you HAVE to keep it wet all the time. T. blondi's require ALOT of humidity to allow them to molt properly.
Now this hasn't been proven, but yes you should recreate the natural habitat if you can of course. And as far as I know the spiders of southern america that I keep often hang out in the damp parts of the tank, so that does it for me. Moist it is. Again though, VENTILATION.

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would recomend a chilean rose, chilean copper, golden knee, curly hair, or costarican zebra will be good.

The only bad thing about a costarican zebra is that they can be fast if startled.