New female again forest is laying on her back ??

Frank A

Arachnopeon
i have a adult male Asian forest and female together and I just got the female two days ago she’s been looking ok but very slow. I just came home and she’s laying on her back. Is she dead or molting ??

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it doesn't look good, they really don't get along(most of the time) ofcourse it's possible,when they are young they are fine together,she might of got stung by him,molting? hmm don't think so,but then again anything is possible,leave her for alittle bit and wait and see. or maybe she fell off the bark while climbing,and can't right herself.

Frank A

Arachnopeon
Well went to work came back she’s still flipped and not moving at all I’ve quarantined her to a smaller container I called the pet shop and they said she did look sluggish when they got her. So they will let there vendor know. they’re replacing her for free on Friday. She was sick I just hope my male don’t get ill he’s very healthy.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@Frank A they don't flip over on their backs for any reason , unless they fall off something. If they do end up upside down they try to right themselves.

I'm afraid it doesn't look good. If it's newly acquired, return it .

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heterometrus are communal, I keep mine this way and I never had any problems
ive had luck with young ones doing fine , but ive tried with some adults with no luck always being very aggressive w/eachother,didn't want take the chance again,and they had plenty room,it's good that yours are doing fine together.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup, babies do great together,with no problems,but adults.....there's gonna a fighten going on,but i'm sure some people have adults together.

Frank A

Arachnopeon
Sorry about your last one, but glad to see you got a healthy replacement.
She's been getting along so far so good with the male Sleeping together and just being next to eachother.
I’m going to keep food in there so they don’t turn on eachother

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
She's been getting along so far so good with the male Sleeping together and just being next to eachother.
I’m going to keep food in there so they don’t turn on eachother
Don't keep prey items constantly in there. It annoys them at the least and at the worst they will get chewed on by the prey items.

Frank A

Arachnopeon
So, having your scorpions get chewed on by a prey item doesn't seem to be a problem?
That would be a big problem. But I’m not having that problem. Which is why I said that doesn’t seem to be a problem at all for me.

Mjb30

Arachnosquire
That would be a big problem. But I’m not having that problem. Which is why I said that doesn’t seem to be a problem at all for me.
It’s not a problem for you until it happens. Perhaps you could consider following the advice of an experienced keeper?