New baby Parabuthus transvelicas (CARE INFO)

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Woke up this morning and hese now starting to chamber!!! I've never seen a sling burrow so much. Every post I see on these guys they are in normal sand . Not burrowing substrate
Nice burrow. Your scorp is hard at work. Back when i had a few p. Trans they were always out in the open exploring. They didn't seem to be bothered by me too much lol

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea it's pretty cool to watch him go. I wake every morning to his burrow larger and more extensive. My concern now is he is starting to push towards the center of the enclosure on not continue along the edge . I'd hate to lose the little guy and not be able to view if hese ok deep inside

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yea it's pretty cool to watch him go. I wake every morning to his burrow larger and more extensive. My concern now is he is starting to push towards the center of the enclosure on not continue along the edge . I'd hate to lose the little guy and not be able to view if hese ok deep inside
Not much you can really do about that.

Maybe block off the area against the side where the current burrow is with paper or something to block out the light. Might encourage it to stay along the edge.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
My first thought was that I encourage him to do that by shining light on him for viewing every now and then. But when I originally made his substrate I was unaware he was even a burrower at all. Like I said every video or pic I saw of these . People kept them in straight sand (non burrowing substrate) i literally just had left over sub from my desert hair and had a cup of cocofiber and tossed it all together but didn't compact it... he got carried away digging all over a lot of it collapsed. So dug him out. Re did his sub. Compacted it to hold burrow. And stuck a plastic slab right down the center of the substrate so he can't push all the way to the center. It will guide him along the edge so hopefully this works. He hasn't burrowed yet but I just fed him last night and he looks like a super mini sausage I'm expecting s molt soon