New Babies

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
H judaicus

This picture is a few weeks old. These guys have been seperated from mom and are eating. 22 babies

Last edited:

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ah man thats awesome! when i get some money one of these days I'm going to buy some hottentotta from you lol

racer 6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I need a few tips, i'm quite clueless..

yeah, speaking of hottentotta, i have one here.. so i was gone for three days, and what should i find when i come home? she's got a bunch of kids popping out of her back, some of them still encased..

right now, they're all squirming around already..so come my questions.

1. what if any of them fall off right now? is it true that the parent will consume them if that happens?

2. given that it really is time to get off mom's back. is it ok if they lived inside the same small tank?

3. how do i feed these babies?

thanks.. :D

freeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How long was gestatnion period. I'm waiting for my to give birth and it is taking forever.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, speaking of hottentotta, i have one here.. so i was gone for three days, and what should i find when i come home? she's got a bunch of kids popping out of her back, some of them still encased..

right now, they're all squirming around already..so come my questions.

1. what if any of them fall off right now? is it true that the parent will consume them if that happens?

2. given that it really is time to get off mom's back. is it ok if they lived inside the same small tank?

3. how do i feed these babies?

thanks.. :D

The most important thing is to allow mom to have as little stress as possible. If she feels stressed she might very well eat everyone. The babies will leave mom when they are ready. If they fall off they will probably die. Once they leave mom you can start feeding them.

John

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks they are the prize of my collection. I love the genus. Living in the US makes getting new species very hard. :(
I agree with John 100%. Hottentotta judaicus are definitely my favorite as well. I'm really looking forward to getting offspring from mine whenever they decide to mature.

racer 6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The most important thing is to allow mom to have as little stress as possible. If she feels stressed she might very well eat everyone. The babies will leave mom when they are ready. If they fall off they will probably die. Once they leave mom you can start feeding them.

John
hey thanks.. :D

are h. hottenttota communal? i only have 12 small containers, these things counted 16.. im afraid they might each other if i put two in some containers..

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congratz John!!! That's one impressive looking H.Judaicus brood you have there.
:clap::clap::clap:

racer 6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1st count: 23 babies.
as of this writing: 4. effing 4.

what am i doing wrong?? i separated the babies, i'm in the freaking tropics, and i still i end up losing every one of them??

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
1st count: 23 babies.
as of this writing: 4. effing 4.

what am i doing wrong?? i separated the babies, i'm in the freaking tropics, and i still i end up losing every one of them??
That sucks. I keep all my hottentottas basicaly the same. I keep them mostly dry, and fairly warm around 80-85F. I water maybe once every week or so, and that's only what I spray on the wall and what I put in the water dish. So far I've only been able to breed Hottentotta hottentotta H judaicus and H trilineatus. That's all I could get in the US.

John