New Arrivals

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thats a very strange looking creature .. is it an arachnid ?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
yup...isn't it also known as a vinegaroon?

orcrist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cryptly said:
Vinegaroons are different. They have a tail. :) These guys are the "Giant Cave Spiders" from Fear Factor.

Here's a little bit of info.
http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/D-variegatus.html
I hate that show. They also did one with emperor scorpions, and they claimed that emps were some of the most venemous scorps in the world. Same with tarantulas. The idiot host called them deadly. It was half funny, half annoying.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
orcrist said:
I hate that show. They also did one with emperor scorpions, and they claimed that emps were some of the most venemous scorps in the world. Same with tarantulas. The idiot host called them deadly. It was half funny, half annoying.

they are deadly... to crickets, roaches... waxworms.... little old ladies with VERY weak hearts....

=P x 3

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
orcrist said:
I do too, but I find myself having to reference it when telling people about my whip scorpions. I say "Tailless Whip Scorpion" and get a blank stare. I say "Giant Cave Spiders from Fear Factor" and it's instant recognition. :wall:

I am finding myself having to watch the show, because whenever there's some kind of tarantula, scorpion or other creepy looking critter on, I get asked about said critter at work the next day.