New arrivals

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My desert hairies got in today alive and well. The male is a fiesty little s.o.b. He ran around for like 10 minutes with his tail in strike mode. These guys are pretty damn quick compared to Emperors. He dug himself a little scrape and settled down for the day.

The female is way more docile than the male, but she is in a little critter keeper so she hasnt had a whole lot of room to run around.

Here is a pic of the female. Ill be back in a few to post some more pics

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No its deffinately not permanent. The male is hogging the 10 gallon right now until I get the plexi piece tomorrow. I havent been able to dodge out of work early to go pick it up. I would put them both in together but im afraid of the results. Ill get more pics up in a little bit. I need to go drop off my rent.

Stay tuned for more pics

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on your new friends.

I am jealous.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mr crab said:
No its deffinately not permanent. The male is hogging the 10 gallon right now until I get the plexi piece tomorrow. I havent been able to dodge out of work early to go pick it up. I would put them both in together but im afraid of the results. Ill get more pics up in a little bit. I need to go drop off my rent.

Stay tuned for more pics
I had 4 of these together in a 10 gallon for a short period of time once had no problems. Good luck with them they are still among my favorite after 2 years of having them.

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im back. I made a temporary divider so the female can get out and stretch.

Heres my male refusing to get in the deli cup so I can put in the divider.

Heres another one of my male protesting

Heres both, the female is on the left.

My male is staring me down as I type this. I think he is pissed off that I ruined his burrow he started

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
NoS said:
Congrats on your new friends.

I am jealous.
I dont think the male considers me a friend
The female seems nice enough though. I havent seen her take a stinging stance at me yet.

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
VesAn said:
Cool, how big are they?
Probably 3.5-4 inches from head to stinger.

That male is really creaping me out with the staring contest :?

esox76

Arachnopeon
Are you gonna put it some kind of hide or a rock to make a scrape under? Or did you wet, pack and dry the sand so he can make a burrow?

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think a small shoe would make an interesting hide :D
Ill probably find some flat rocks or something