New and need some peace of mind.

daibouken325

Arachnopeon
hello,
I bought my first T. A few weeks ago and I’m absolutely in love. I purchased an avic avic and so far things have been great.. but recently the little dude (not sexed by me yet and I’ve named it “Glitch”) hasn’t been wanting to eat and kinda slow.. lethargic if you will. It’s made some hammocks in the top part of the enclosure and I’m starting to worry. My minds saying pre molt my hearts saying “ BUT WHAT IF!!!” Pictures below. Constructive criticism is welcomed .
Thanks in advance guys for the help. Seriously bros. Trying not to lose my mind lol.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It could still be settling in or going into premoult.

Abdomen looks plump and healthy. I wouldnt worry at all.

Just make sure water dish is fresh and full :)

daibouken325

Arachnopeon
It could still be settling in or going into premoult.

Abdomen looks plump and healthy. I wouldnt worry at all.

Just make sure water dish is fresh and full :)
I was honestly thinking the same thing. I also put droplets of water on the webbing just in case. 2 small drops . Being a concerned parent has been difficult lol. This is a big purchase for me as ive been researching for 6 years before even purchasing my first. Also thanks for the reply .

daibouken325

Arachnopeon
Can we see a picture of your full enclosure?
Hey ronny.. i can tell you some about it as i am not home .

Preface: this is not an ideal enclosure and didnt find out until later ( VERY STUPID IMPULSE BUY on my part. )

It is a zoomed bugarium with no cross ventilation and still has the wire mesh top ( partially covered with plastic to humidify it a bit)

I have made a proper enclosure and wanna transfer it to the new home.. however the only reason i havent is because i dont wanna stress it out if it is in pre molt.. any suggestions would be helpful

RonnyT

Arachnosquire
You don't need humidity, it should kept dry, cross ventaliation is quite importation.

Try to get a picture when you can.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I definitely prefer the new one to the old one. But I'd add a bunch of vent holes to the back (and a bit more to the sides), place a nice piece of cork bark (one that goes from the ground right to the top, leaning to the wall in an angle) and put loads of leaves/foliage around the top. Then add a nice big water dish and you've got the perfect enclosure. :)

And as long as she's not moulting when you're finished I'd rehouse her immediately, because what you said about the old enclosure sounds a bit worrisome, with all the humidity and lack of cross ventilation.

daibouken325

Arachnopeon
I definitely prefer the new one to the old one. But I'd add a bunch of vent holes to the back (and a bit more to the sides), place a nice piece of cork bark (one that goes from the ground right to the top, leaning to the wall in an angle) and put loads of leaves/foliage around the top. Then add a nice big water dish and you've got the perfect enclosure. :)

And as long as she's not moulting when you're finished I'd rehouse her immediately, because what you said about the old enclosure sounds a bit worrisome, with all the humidity and lack of cross ventilation.
I just added two silk plants for foliage but I unfortunately have no cork bark til friday :( still rehouse?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I'd say get it out of that first enclosure. Substrate looks damp and the glass looks wet to me. Both are way too barren and are inadequate until you get some corkbark, but dry and exposed is better than wet and exposed.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I just added two silk plants for foliage but I unfortunately have no cork bark til friday :( still rehouse?
I'd say get it out of that first enclosure. Substrate looks damp and the glass looks wet to me. Both are way too barren and are inadequate until you get some corkbark, but dry and exposed is better than wet and exposed.
I agree with @Greasylake. :)

Did you make more vent holes into the new enclosure as well? Like it's been said already: Cross ventilation (and loads of it) is the key!

daibouken325

Arachnopeon
I agree with @Greasylake. :)

Did you make more vent holes into the new enclosure as well? Like it's been said already: Cross ventilation (and loads of it) is the key!
I have 164 holes bored into this bad boy now and a medium sized cork bark round ( semi tight squeeze, but its The only thing i could find in my immediate area without driving 30 miles. I put a silk plant over one of the holes to give it a hide feel. I will be working on it more in time... i feel like what i have currently is efficient for the time being . Also i rigged a water dish in the top side of the cork bark since it had one small hole and a little larger one. I gotta say I genuinely feel better about the enclosure.