New Additions...

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Went to a local show yesterday....heres what I came home with....(sorry for the crappy pics, I'll get better ones once they settle in a bit)

'07 female Albino Kenyan Sand Boa...

'07 Reticulated Python (already digesting its first meal)...

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nice snakes dave, never seen a albino kenyan..you ready for that retic to get huge?

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That sand boa is awesome! I've never seen on with so much orange. I'm hoping to get an albino sand boa in Sept. at a local reptile show. Will be my first snake. :)

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thaks guys. The Albino KSB is hands down the best looking specimen I've seen in person so I had to snag her up.

Haven't had any large snakes in a while, so it should be fun raising the Retic up. :)

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i love the look of retics but waay to huge and fiesty for my tastes

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually they get a bad reputation. Wild caught specimens can be feisty but CB are very docile and handleable for the most part. Mine is very sweet and laid back, although I haven't had it very long.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Actually they get a bad reputation. Wild caught specimens can be feisty but CB are very docile and handleable for the most part. Mine is very sweet and laid back, although I haven't had it very long.
haha thats what every caresheet says about most snakes

still docile or not i'd still be nervous around an animal that could easily hurt me

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:drool: Awesome looking specimens. I too would love to own a retic or burmese, but because of their sizes it scares me away. :wall:

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That little beady eyed worm actually looks pretty good lol...best looking one ive ever seen! Who went with you to get those animals??...oh I did

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL....dude, I got the Kenyan out to show my sister earlier and the little SOB bit me 4 times! I've never had a Sand Boa bite me before today haha!

My Retic is docile and my Sand Worm is vicious! Who'd have thunk? :D

ChondroGirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The sand boa may just be terrified, new home and all. Give it a few more days, and hopefully it will settle down. Most people I know that have them describe them as pretty gentle.

I know all snakes need a little time to settle into a new home. I usually don't handle my new ones for the first week, and usually not until after they eat for me, which is usually about 5 to 7 days after I get them.

Just don't write the little one off as a mean one just yet...

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No worries, I'm far from a noob when it comes to snakes. lol ;)

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LOL....dude, I got the Kenyan out to show my sister earlier and the little SOB bit me 4 times! I've never had a Sand Boa bite me before today haha!

My Retic is docile and my Sand Worm is vicious! Who'd have thunk? :D
im guessing that the bite from the little worm didnt really hurt?...how big are both of them?

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, the KSB didn't even draw blood. Its probably 8" long. The Retic is roughly 2' long but very skinny. They take a while to grow into their adult build.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, the KSB didn't even draw blood. Its probably 8" long. The Retic is roughly 2' long but very skinny. They take a while to grow into their adult build.

haha figured they weren't painful biters...
hope you dont mind me asking but whats the tank setup like on the KSB??

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't use tanks for any of my snakes.....I just have it in an 8 quart rubbermaid with about 2" of shredded aspen as substrate and a water dish. Thats all you really need for them. A temp gradient of 75-90 is ideal.