Never Undersestimate the ability of a T

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Don't underestimate their ability to find a way out when they want to. There is a photo in the Tarantula Keepers Guide showing what a big parahybana did to a screen top.

I heard noices at around 3 am and there it was. The noise was my big girl Lp destroying the screen of one of the vents in her enclosure. I had rehoused her to a larger bin earlier yesterday to accomade her for when she drops her sac .

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Thats why I started burning holes with a soldering iron. You can change the size of rod on the end and poke as many holes as preferred. I rarely use mesh and when I do its plastic craft mesh and glued down with epoxy resin. Got a similar story, but it was a 5 thousand dollar caramel albino tokay that broke out of similar mesh you can only imagine the 2 days of heck I was in until that male was found. That is one huge girl I am glad you caught her before she made the great escape :sneaky:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Guess she doesn't like that new enclosure ;) Glad you caught her before she could "boldly go where no tarantula has gone before" :D

I don't know if this is true, but judging from reports read, those that go for the screenvents are mostly terrestrials usually?

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Lol glad you got her, I never use mesh usaly just burn holes in my Ts enclosers, I agree Ts are stronger than people give credit.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Guess she doesn't like that new enclosure ;) Glad you caught her before she could "boldly go where no tarantula has gone before" :D

I don't know if this is true, but judging from reports read, those that go for the screenvents are mostly terrestrials usually?
I agree that those that go for the screenvents are usually terrestrial. I am glad I caught her before she escaped :biggrin: It would not have ended well having 2 cats.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha she's so epic!

Out of curiosity, what do you think you're going to use instead of the mesh now? Or what are you going to use to better stick down the mesh?

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
What kind of mesh was it? Looks kind of flimsy like cheese cloth or something.... Next time, go with thick gauge stainless steel mesh for your T's.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I use a 1/8" spade wood bit to drill holes into my tubs. Then slice off any flash leftover with a straight razor, then heat the holes with a lighter.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Haha she's so epic!

Out of curiosity, what do you think you're going to use instead of the mesh now? Or what are you going to use to better stick down the mesh?
It was just an enclosure I had lying around. I housed her in a 10 gallon and covered 80% of the cover with saran wrap.