never see my scorps in the day...

Eurypterid

Arachnerd
Old Timer
Scorps in general are nocturnal, although many will spend significant amounts of time out of their hides/burrows once they get used to their cages.

Vidoll

Arachnopeon
I've had my emp för a couple of months now and he has alot of hiding places and alot of substrate to dig, but the most of the time he is out. Dunno if he doesn't like the substrate or something......or mabye he just scared of the dark {D

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't see mine for two months one time, and I am nocturnal sort of. Crickets dissapeared, but they never came out. Then all of a sudden they were out and about again. Just a scorp thing.

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My emp was the same way. I had a white light on her during the day. Now I have put a red light bulb on her during the day and she comes out all the time now to bask under it. :D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I must have an odd emp then... I see it every day and have since I got it.

You could try that which works for me:
During summer I leave the heat pad off. Instead of getting too hot it gets slightly too cold (the better of the two if you ask me), but during the day I have a spotlight on above the tank. It doesn't get that super hot inside the tank because of that though, because the tank is very high (way too high for a scorp). But every day the scorp comes out in order to bask under the white light a few hours before she wanders back into the hide.

So you could try to lower the temp a slight bit and have a spotlight above the tank (best if the spotlight was gradable so that it doesn't shine with the force of 1000 suns...)

The Bear

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
active

So far my two emps that I have had for 3 weeks have been very active and visable. I guess im just lucky ;) or it could be that I have a very low temperature right now which I hope to fix soon. Im not sure about this though because I thought high temps made scorps more active but mine are up all night and some in the day with a terrible temperature of 70-80 in the day and night. The female doesn't use a hide to sleep, she prefers to sleep on top of the rock instead of under it.

Is it dangerous for the scorps to be in such low temps when they need to molt?

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my emp likes to chill under the heat lamp when it hits 90+ in the tank.

sometimes he's out for a few days and then i won't see him for a few days or longer. it's been about 3 days now since i've seen him out of his hide.

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im beginning to wonder how the heck they collect them in such numbers in the wild.

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Bear said:
So far my two emps that I have had for 3 weeks have been very active and visable. I guess im just lucky ;) or it could be that I have a very low temperature right now which I hope to fix soon. Im not sure about this though because I thought high temps made scorps more active but mine are up all night and some in the day with a terrible temperature of 70-80 in the day and night. The female doesn't use a hide to sleep, she prefers to sleep on top of the rock instead of under it.

Is it dangerous for the scorps to be in such low temps when they need to molt?
Your temps sound fine. IMO the ammount you will see a scorp depends on the individual personality of the scorp.

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, and here I thought I was the only one having this problem. I havent seen my guy in like 3 days. but Im confused now, what is a good temp to keep them at?

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
innocence lost said:
Hey, and here I thought I was the only one having this problem. I havent seen my guy in like 3 days. but Im confused now, what is a good temp to keep them at?
Between 80 and 95 is a pretty good range.

Milo

Arachnopeon
dfgb

empi said:
Between 80 and 95 is a pretty good range.
i keep mine at 70 to 75 across the tank and they seem happy enough... theyre burrow is on the side opposite the heating pad, in the 70 degree sector.

really, unless the room is under 68 degrees theyll be fine anyways.

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My temp is at about 80 right now.. so we'll see if he shows himself more. Maybe he's just getting used to the place still..