Nephilia

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Can someone tell me the exact spec. of this Nephilia?
i've bought female and males,.... only i'm not sure about the exact ID of this one:

i'm falling in love with these spiders,.... :} :} :}

sm0KySpIDer

Arachnopeon
wow awesome pics!!!

ive got a nephila senegalensis in my bedroom hehe (you can see a macro of her on my avatar) but cant say what species it is...
i just want some of these!!

:D :D :D

sm0KySpIDer

Arachnopeon
have you got them from thomas vinmann?

please tell me more about :)

edit: got a guess on the ID now but its really hard to say because every nephila species has colormorphs

im going for nephila pilipes "bali-typical-morph"

Last edited:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
have you got them from thomas vinmann?
Nope,.. Grabowitsh or how do you call him ? :rolleyes: :D

these are my first Nephilia's,..
something special i should take care of ?
besides plenty of room on misting the web 3*a week?
i'm keeping them on 20-23°C,... good or not ?

i def. want to get more in to these awsome spiders
:}

what specie do you take care of ?

sm0KySpIDer

Arachnopeon
u mean peter grabowitz huh?

ive got nephila senegalensis

i think nephila senegalensis is one of the most "easy to care for species" because they dont need as much humidity as many nephila species do. i got a roomtemp about 25 C and about 35% humidity. i never mist the web (it got its moisture only by food but i wouldnt recommend this :D)

i think your setup is good

Spiderbilly

Arachnopeon
Hello,
i would say it is a Nephila maculata, but i´m not sure. I had a nephila senegalensis from vinmann, but it died in the week I get it. :( I didn´t know, that vinmann or grabowits do send to america. Is there someone, who can send me trapdoorspiders (Gorgyrella and Stasimopus) and a H. immanis? Because here in Germany, it´s so hard to get those spiders.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
i would say it is a Nephila maculata
Thanx i did some "google"search and came up with some pictures that resemble it,... so Nephilia maculata it is :D

Is there someone, who can send me trapdoorspiders (Gorgyrella and Stasimopus) and a H. immanis? Because here in Germany, it´s so hard to get those spiders.
can't help you,...
only have to say that mostly on Belgium or Dutch fairs these are quite common offered,.... by GERMAN dealers!!!!!

to every european hobbyist, germany is invert and spider-paradise !!!! :}
so i can't figure out how comes you can't find them :?

cheers

sm0KySpIDer

Arachnopeon
i think grabowitz would have known if it was a nephila maculata (because they are well known in the "nephila hobby") and wouldnt call it just nephila spec. (as you said u got it from him).

didnt find a better pic of my guess...

try this

http://home.gwu.edu/~kuntner/indonesia4.htm

plz correct me if im wrong

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive heard that nephila are handlelable is this true i used o have one and it was very docile btw she loved zoophobas for some reason

mike

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
i think grabowitz would have known if it was a nephila maculata (because they are well known in the "nephila hobby") and wouldnt call it just nephila spec. (as you said u got it from him).
:D ,... hehehe yeah i know Peter knows his stuff but he hadn't labeled the boxes where he sold them in,...and it was his wife who sold them to me,.... cause Peter himself was to busy helping other customers,.... she said Nephilia spec.

can i safely say it's an Azian specie ?

Spiderbilly

Arachnopeon
Hello,
maybe Grabowits was too lazy ;) ;) ;) ;) .
As I had asked him somethin about Jumping Spiders, he said I should "google" or look in my garden, but were I get some bigger jumping spiders, he didn´t say. But maybe he didn´t know.

sm0KySpIDer

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by gongyles
can i safely say it's an Azian specie ?
in the pic on the link ive posted above u can see a tiny male and a female. the male looks red like yours on your pic and the female looks like yours too :D (just older and really fat)

imho this totally different coloration is not common (e.g. senegalensis males look like females but really smaller of course)

damn i need better "english-explaining-skill" lol

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
damn i need better "english-explaining-skill" lol
hehehe:D
spending more time on this board sure helps a lot!
(i'm not native speaking english to,... i speak dutch)
but i understand what you're saying ;)

anyway:

The Nephilia female molted yesterday night,.... mmmmmmmm:}
i looked at her this morning and thought to myself,...
hey she looks really fat !
then i noticed the old skin laying on the ground :rolleyes:

Spiderbilly

Arachnopeon
Hello,
thx,
can you explaine me what: 1/4 means? I read this, when someone said how big the size oft someones spider is. I think that was in the jumping-spider thread.