Neolothele Incei feeding help ! .. aka trinidad olive

Unchain

Arachnopeon
yes i have a neoholothele incei one inch question any help would be appreciated ,, the abdomen is not skinny nor fat kinda slinder n be tweenish. it had molted recently been about 8 or 9 days and he or she will not still eat the fangs are black. Humity in the room is around 66% my temp gun showing temp around 80. Eco Earth substrate around half an inch , but he or she love to be in the air, substate kinda moist. So do i have to do any kinda adjustment to make the T eat or what ,,, ? ,,, or just ....by the way the T has a water dish as well. I have it in a plastic container with air holes drilled in it for top and side ventilation the sizes are from top to bottom 3inches ,, and across 3 1/2 in. The floor space is 4in across.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Is the substrate moist? Don't worry about humidity in the room. Also 1/2 inch substrate is not enough. If you could upload a picture of the enclosure, this could help alot.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
N. incei appreciate moist, deep substrate... they like to web and burrow.

9 days post-molt is not a long time for a spider to not eat. What are you trying to feed it?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
It sometimes takes longer for them to want to eat after moulting - regardless of whether their fangs are hardened. I would wait another few days and try again.

Unchain

Arachnopeon
Is the substrate moist? Don't worry about humidity in the room. Also 1/2 inch substrate is not enough. If you could upload a picture of the enclosure, this could help alot.
It sometimes takes longer for them to want to eat after moulting - regardless of whether their fangs are hardened. I would wait another few days and try again.
Ok i will do that ... Thanks

Yes i will do a substrate adjustment tomorror by the way it is moist not wet.

N. incei appreciate moist, deep substrate... they like to web and burrow.

9 days post-molt is not a long time for a spider to not eat. What are you trying to feed it?
It was crickets ... Pre killed due to size bigger than the T. Yes i will adjust the substrate

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Incei need no help feeding...when its ready it will eat...anything that moves. These are fast growers and incredible eaters.

Unchain

Arachnopeon
Ok i will do that ... Thanks

Yes i will do a substrate adjustment tomorror by the way it is moist not wet.

It was crickets ... Pre killed due to size bigger than the T. Yes i will adjust the substrate
all is well now for the T. Olive ,,, thanks he or she is eating well and enjoying the revised situations ..