Neoholothele fasciaaiurinirga

Michael Pintal

Arachnopeon
Does anyone own a neoholothele fasciaaiurinirga? I just acquired a 1 1/2" female and I could use some husbandry advice.
Thanks

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'll never own this species out of fear of trying to pronounce the species name.

That's just rediculous and unforgivable

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Yeah, they're fancy incei. Mine is in a jug about half full of substrate and topped with a pile of cork bark slabs. She's made web tubes between the cork layers and a burrow down into the substrate where she puts her trash.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep em like incei.
@Michael Pintal

Not exactly. This species is more sensitive than incei, and harder to breed than incei according to only person I'm aware of in N. America who bred them successfully, and only once.

My observations are consistent with the info I received from a breeder who had 15 or so. They web less than incei and tend to burrow more.

They prefer it warmer than incei actually. My AF, is a pethole. I almost never see her unless, I think I've seen her once on her own unprodded by me. I quite honestly thought she was dead at one point. Only to find an old exo, a bunch of boli and a fat abdomen. I was of course pleased to observe this. She's doing well so far.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I'll never own this species out of fear of trying to pronounce the species name.

That's just rediculous and unforgivable
It basically translates to “black and gold stripes,” so it makes sense.