Nematodes

serialthrilla91

Arachnopeon
Ok, so I have a small H. Lividum. She's been acting strange lately, she's usually a hearty eater and pretty active. Now she just sits in one place for LONG periods of time and she won't eat (even pre-killed food) and now, I've noticed a small white dot near the point where the tips of her fangs rest, I can't really tell if the dot is IN her mouth, or if it's just a piece of trash she picked up and hasn't primped off yet. Please, I need feedback. How do you upload picture to this stupid thing? It's telling me my picture is too large

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can you post the picture here on the boards so we all can see?

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Use photobucket or imageshack and drop the link into your reply.

If you put the tarantula in a clear container with just 1/4" of water, and any of it washes off, you might be able to figure out what it is. Fecal material will be flaky often, and not dissolve. Nematodes, while tiny, can be seen as clear to white "worms". Fungus and bacteria often break up in water. If you let it sit for 20-30 min and then look through the sample (having removed said tarantula), with bright light, you should see something.

Good luck.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
A lot of the pics I use on here are on my FB. So I first upload it on FB and then down load it from there. If I try to upload it directly from camera to AB it says the file is too large. I'm sure there is an easier way. Winzip maybe?

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
From what I've read in the past, white substance around the mouth is either nematodes or a yeast infection, both usually having bad outcomes.

You could try imgur.com for the photo.

mark e sic

Arachnosquire
I actually had this happen to my G.rosea.. Its kinda sad but they wont be able to eat anymore.. Mine tried and couldnt.. eventually it died. Hope yours doesnt have anything wrong with it. good luck