Need help please possible for T injury

xzpat

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

So im rehousing my 3.5inch C.electric blue, however despite my tools and readiness he managed to bolt outside my barriers and fall in the table unto the floor, im so worried because he just molted a day ago, please anything i can do or see if something is bad happened to him? I managed to get him in the new enclosure and started to web, im still worried though

Killertut

Arachnosquire
pictures would help,
but i guess it should be fine, as it is webbing the new enclosure. can you see any open wounds that are leaking?
why rehouse it so soon after a molt though? the T should be left alone until it has time to harden a bit.

xzpat

Arachnopeon
hi thanks for the reply, no open wounds that are leaking, the reason why i rehouse it immediately is due to massive molds around the enclosure, i didnt rehouse her in her premolt stage as i dont want to disturb her preparations or should i do it vice versa instead next time?

Ill followup with the pictures of the enclosure and the T

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Hi everyone,

So im rehousing my 3.5inch C.electric blue, however despite my tools and readiness he managed to bolt outside my barriers and fall in the table unto the floor, im so worried because he just molted a day ago, please anything i can do or see if something is bad happened to him? I managed to get him in the new enclosure and started to web, im still worried though
You should never rehouse a T that soon after molting - the mold would not have been a threat to your T (keepers tend to overreact to it), and for future reference that means you're either keeping your enclosure too wet/humid, or without enough ventilation. Since Chilobrachys need damp substrate to thrive, I'll assume it'd be the latter that is the root cause of the mold. Make sure the new setup has ample amounts of ventilation.

Post images for us to look at, but from the sounds of it your T is fine. If there was an injury, it'd likely be showing some sort of sign of fall-related injuries i.e. lethargy or leaking hemolymph.

xzpat

Arachnopeon
You should never rehouse a T that soon after molting - the mold would not have been a threat to your T (keepers tend to overreact to it), and for future reference that means you're either keeping your enclosure too wet/humid, or without enough ventilation. Since Chilobrachys need damp substrate to thrive, I'll assume it'd be the latter that is the root cause of the mold. Make sure the new setup has ample amounts of ventilation.

Post images for us to look at, but from the sounds of it your T is fine. If there was an injury, it'd likely be showing some sort of sign of fall-related injuries i.e. lethargy or leaking hemolymph.

thanks for this will do better next time, btw here is the update of the T.

Attachments

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
thanks for this will do better next time, btw here is the update of the T.
Looks okay, maybe a bit stressed. Can't see the whole enclosure, but if you don't have one in there it's always nice to offer them some sort of hide. Even though they burrow, they'll make use of it and can use it for anchor points for webbing.

Keep an eye on the little one, but I think you lucked out this time. Wouldn't be trying your luck again, though. ;)

xzpat

Arachnopeon
Looks okay, maybe a bit stressed. Can't see the whole enclosure, but if you don't have one in there it's always nice to offer them some sort of hide. Even though they burrow, they'll make use of it and can use it for anchor points for webbing.

Keep an eye on the little one, but I think you lucked out this time. Wouldn't be trying your luck again, though. ;)
Yes, definitely wont do this again, thank you for your response and to all the ppl who replied on my thread

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
@xzpat i second the above mentioned suggestion of a hide, but even more so that genus needs room to burrow. The picture you provided from top down looks okay (I opine a bit too small) regarding floor space, that is if it is a tall enclosure. However, if it is not a tall enclosure, it is definitely inadequate.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
im so worried because he just molted a day ago
Yeah, don't do this.

Either do it while it's in pre-moult (the only time you shouldn't disturb them is when they're actually in the process of moulting) or wait a few days after the moult so that the fangs are red (at this point they are sufficiently hardened to move around without issue but not hardened enough to try to bite things).

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I strongly suggest you read up on caring for these animals here, not on StupidTube, not caresheets.

You lack some extremely basic knowledge regarding their care.

xzpat

Arachnopeon
wait a few days after the moult so that the fangs are red (at this point they are sufficiently hardened to move around without issue but not hardened enough to try to bite things).
This is really helpful in the future transfers without getting bit