1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help on which T to get second.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Jake Gilbert, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Jake Gilbert

Jake Gilbert Arachnopeon Active Member

London
    Advertisement
    Hi i have a G. Pulchripes atm and its kinda cool but its abit of a rock. I understand thy are display pets but i do want to get a second T which is abit more active and better looking, im kinda new to the hobby but just want anther T , its so addicting!!! anyway does anyone have any recommendations. Docile but not to docile, calm but not to calm, You get the idea Any help would be amazing. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

2. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnodemon Active Member

Why not go into the Brachypelma genus? There are a lot of great species in that genus that fits your descriptions.

While it's not really a docile or calm species, I recommend the A. geniculata

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TownesVanZandt

TownesVanZandt Arachnoangel Active Member

Norway
    What about a GBB? They are colourful, quite active and eats for fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jake Gilbert

London
    Hi yes i was thinking the B.Bohemi , or the B.Hamorii Or maybe the Arizona blonde.

Hi yes they are quite beautiful however im not quite up to scratch with how to care fr this ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  5. TownesVanZandt

Norway
    Dry substrate, a water dish, a hide and plenty of anchor points for its webbing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Liquifin

I actually have all those 3 and they're very easy to care for and are always out in the open, they make great display T.'s for sure. While my B. hamorii and B. boehmei specimens are still juveniles, they stay out a lot which is the same with my A. chalcodes adult female. Can't go wrong with any of those 3.

7. Jake Gilbert

London
    Are they arboreal or not and thank you.

Sound good thanks I’m really drawn to the B.Boehmei the striking red legs is amazing . Any care tips on the B.Boehmei.

8. TownesVanZandt

Norway
    No, they are terrestrial.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Liquifin

Easy to care for, as slings partially moist substrate and feed twice a week. As juveniles and adults they can be kept dry with a water dish. Very easy to care for.

10. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Get a geniculata or a Nhandu sp.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jake Gilbert

London
    okay so B.Boehemi needs moist substrate and just a hide and a ill chuck in a little peat moss does that sound fine?

Thank you ill look into it they are so beautiful,also did you say they require dry substrate. Also would the hide and a few fake plants be okay for anchor points.

12. abcdave88

abcdave88 Arachnopeon

Uk
    I am currently in the same boat (looking for my 2nd T/T's). I've been looking at B. albiceps, GBB and couple of dwarf species (N. incei & Theraphosinae sp panama) as my girlfriend wasnt happy about me getting the first one and I am hoping she won't mind if they are smaller.

13. Jake Gilbert

London
    WOW meee too haha she was like what have you bought!! anyway best of wishes on findinf your next T im lock on B.Boehemi or GBB

14. MainMann

MainMann Arachnosquire Active Member

If you're okay with getting a smaller T and one that's a wee bit fast, I'd def recommend Neoholothele incei. A very underrated species in my opinion! Love the striped metallic greens/golds (i prefer the green for some reason lol) and they web like maniacs! Visibility is a bit hit or miss though, my friend has one that's quite visible, but will still hide from tide to time.

Sincerely, maman

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rusty Van79

Rusty Van79 Arachnopeon

I would recommend Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens I think they’re a little more active and very beautiful.

16. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

Maryland
    N. tripepii
    N. chromatus
    A. geniculata
    Any Pamphobeteus
    Any Phormictopus

If you don't want a pet rock, I would avoid A. chalcodes. Mine hasn't ever molted in my care, hasn't eaten in 18 months, and I haven't seen her move in about that long too. Pretty, but inactive.

17. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

You don't have A. geniculata, rectify this immediately

• Agree Agree x 1