Need help identifying random millipede I found.

DiGriv

Arachnopeon
So I went hiking the other day and randomly encountered this beauty.
View attachment 294769 View attachment 294770

It's around 15 cm long and I have no idea what type of millipede it is. It has red and black stripe and a little tiny "horn" in the end of it's body.

Can anyone help identify it?

isabel

Arachnopeon
I can’t see the picture but there’s a chance it could be a ponytail millipede.

DiGriv

Arachnopeon
Couldn’t be sure but now seriously considering the option of a Ghana Red Banded Millipede. From what I have seen not all of them have the tiny point at the end although some do seem to.
Seems unlikely, since I live in Indonesia and naturally I found it in an Indonesian forest.

Regarding sexing, I've asked some of my arthropoda hobbist colleague and no of them can help.

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
It looks like Thyropygus sp. 1, it is a Malaysian species and looks very similar to what you have pictured, but I'm not an expert, you might want a second opinion. Good find though, the article I'm reading says it can reach 25 cm in length.

isabel

Arachnopeon
It looks like Thyropygus sp. 1, it is a Malaysian species and looks very similar to what you have pictured, but I'm not an expert, you might want a second opinion. Good find though, the article I'm reading says it can reach 25 cm in length.
Completely agree! That species went right over my head. I’m presuming male because of the legs but without pictures from the underside it’s harder to tell!