Can you ease my mind

• Yes, it's Fine.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • In my opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GuyEBoring

Arachnopeon
Very little, an i mean little. Like when you see a cartoon dip a toe in cold water little. The color is closer to almost the underside of the leg. Unlike the rest, where they seem like as if it had her nails done.

GuyEBoring

Arachnopeon
Ill grab some photos for everyone tomorrow. A small photo shoot to help better decide. Thank you all thus far. :)

Those palps look quite swollen. I’m with @boina in thinking this could be a MM

Last edited by a moderator:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Very little, an i mean little. Like when you see a cartoon dip a toe in cold water little. The color is closer to almost the underside of the leg. Unlike the rest, where they seem like as if it had her nails done.
This would indicate a mature male. They lose the pink tips when the pedipalps develop the emboli, a male's sex organs, at their ultimate moult.

GuyEBoring

Arachnopeon
at their ultimate moult.
I must of looked wrong at the last molt. I thought this was a female. Here are some more pictures. Sorry they're not the best, it wasn't to happy to be disturbed. an jumped from my hand to girlfriends leg. Tried to get a underside shot, but the thing has scratches all over it. Although, when carefully looked at...its joints are showing splitting as the new exo is growing in the current. Previous pictures do show a darker abdomen

Attachments

Mjb30

Arachnosquire
I must of looked wrong at the last molt. I thought this was a female. Here are some more pictures. Sorry they're not the best, it wasn't to happy to be disturbed. an jumped from my hand to girlfriends leg. Tried to get a underside shot, but the thing has scratches all over it. Although, when carefully looked at...its joints are showing splitting as the new exo is growing in the current. Previous pictures do show a darker abdomen
That last photo definitely looks like a MM’s pedipalps with palpal bulbs to me.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Tried to get a underside shot, but the thing has scratches all over it. Although, when carefully looked at...its joints are showing splitting as the new exo is growing in the current. Previous pictures do show a darker abdomen
That ventral shot clearly shows a mature male. I can see the emboli on the ends of his palps.

The underside of a female's (or juvenile's) palps would look the same as the feet. Below is my mature female Avicularia avicularia.

GuyEBoring

Arachnopeon
The underside of a female's (or juvenile's) palps would look the same as the feet. Below is my mature female Avicularia avicularia.
Awesome, thank you all. I will make him more comfortable. I appreciate all the expertise an reference s. I down sized his home for now. Drilled holes for proper air flow. Again this isn't a permanent home. Its got some in it, so he can climb and hide . As well as having many anchor points to web. Now I just need to hydrate n wait for molt.

Attachments

Mpmackenna

ArachnoNerd
Assuming it is a MM, his days are numbered. I'd be looking to trade him for a couple of slings. A MM is never comfortable. They spend all their time looking for a female.