My curly hair is called Starling!
GGB is called Lake
Pinktoe is called (No name yet)
Costa Rican Zebra, (No Name Yet)

Still thinking of names for them!!

druid8783

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Chaco golden knee is named Kohaku. I don't know if it's a boy or girl but whatever.

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These are tentative names but...

C. fasciatum - Queen of Hearts
G. Rosea - Red Queen

I thought of the fasciatum's name first because she has a really distinct heart shaped spot on her rump, and the rosea has such a nice reddish copper coloration that I couldnt resist staying within the Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass theme. {D

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont think she's full on Red Phase, looking around at pics there are some listed as red phase that are close to her coloration, but the majority of them are much darker so I have to assume the close ones are misnomers.

This is not her but it reflects her coloration pretty well. I think Pink or Copper Phase (or maybe Strawberry Blonde Phase?) would be a better name for her :p

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do u name them?

Do u name ur T's? I dont know if i should even bother, since they cant really learn them so it kinda like :wall: . I sorta do. The first one i got is "spider" and the other one is "shelob", but shelob always turns into "little spider". :)

Heartfang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Of course... I have Tosigo, my unidentified California native T, Rosie, my G. rosea, and Striker, my P. scrofa.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Usually, but I mostly leave that task up to my kids. Though, they do have quite a few to name yet.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
maybe im just lazy "Can u pick up some crickets for spider and little spider?" "Spider is on the glass" "little spider just caught a cricket" Boy its going to be trouble when i get more.

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i can't name mine until i sex it, cause naming a male Suzie would be a hit below the belt for my T. So i just have to wait till then. But i did name my new Avic avic Pinky, cause i guess it could be either.

firben

Arachnopeon
i keep it to the latin name.. if i have 2 or more of the same, i give them "serial numbers".... i guess i dob't have a personal relatonship to them.... ;-)

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brando said:
well i can't name mine until i sex it, cause naming a male Suzie would be a hit below the belt for my T. So i just have to wait till then. But i did name my new Avic avic Pinky, cause i guess it could be either.
Why not, you could record a hit country song, "A T Named Sue". It worked for Johnny Cash. :D

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Annabelle (E.Pachypus), Bojengles (G.Rosea), Geni (A.geniculata) :D

Mandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive got:
Harvey Thunder<edit> A. seemani
Destro G. Rosea
Vash the Stampede C. Fascatium
Kikko Gbb

and when my new arivals come this week Ill have

Boba Fett (blondi)
Soul Scream (P. Cambredgi)
Oisseaux (dunno yet its a freebie)

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Windchaser said:
Why not, you could record a hit country song, "A T Named Sue". It worked for Johnny Cash. :D

:D Good one! Only problem is that it might wanna take revenge on Brando once it's grown up!

I name mine, but more for the entertainment value of it rather than wanting to be able to adress them in a conversation. ;) Names are mainly picked so that someone who was a bit sceptical of arachnids would hopefully have a giggle and losen up a bit.

Catherine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
To be honest, I've got too many to name them. And, i don't really see the point, its not like they are dogs and recoginse their names, so its a bit pointless.

That said, some of the ones that have especially endeared themselves to me, or done something that warrants a name. Like a have a P.murinus RCF, that i have named Alex. (from a clockwork orange) Because of the orange part and because he is also a vicious little *ahem* boy. I also named all my A.versicolor slings, but naming them made it worse when some of them died.

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I named my G. rosea Anna. Most of my other slings I'm waiting until I can sex before naming them.

I've started calling my B. smithi "Hoover" and my B. boehmei "Dirt Devil" due to their vaccuum like eating habits, but they're more nicknames than real names.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
not anymore, i used to but then i ended up with so many its to hard to keep track of them all i just call the name like this...ex. P ornata.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a large number, but more and more of them are getting names. Typically it's becuase of something they did, or something that seemed particularly fitting.

Industry, my I hirustra got named that becuase as soon as I got her home, she was making a web pocket to hide in.

Drummer, my Chaco Golden Knee. She drummed as soon as I got her out of the container as I was putting her into her new home.

etc.

I have 17 T's as of right now, and most of them are named.