1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name of this species? Found in Ca

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by Cristian22, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Cristian22

Cristian22 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    What is the name of this species? I found it on my bathroom floor half alive? I live in ca if that helps.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 1
  2. Staehilomyces

Staehilomyces Arachnobaron Active Member

Scolopendra polymorpha.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cristian22

Cristian22 Arachnopeon

I thought so thanks, wasn't really sure

4. Bunyan van Asten

Bunyan van Asten Arachnosquire Active Member

Die anything habben to it?

5. Aquarimax

Aquarimax Arachnobaron Active Member

Utah
    I just spent several days in California, and took every opportunity to flip rocks, both within the city and out in the desert, and didn't find a single Polymorpha. Your are lucky that one came to find you. Is it doing ok?

6. RTTB

RTTB Arachnobaron Active Member

7. Cristian22

Cristian22 Arachnopeon

Unfortunately no it died It was already dying when I found it. This is actually the 2nd one I found here where I live the other one was much bigger and more alive tried to bite me when I picked it up with a paper napkin. Luckily I didn't get bit , this was 2 years ago before I got into keeping pets especially arachnids

8. arachnothing

arachnothing Arachnopeon

While they surely occur elsewhere, I have better luck in places with some elevation. Avoid the beaten paths, they do. Stones with lichen on them in their arid habitats is an indication that the elusive moisture they need is beneath, and yield the best results for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Staehilomyces

Staehilomyces Arachnobaron Active Member

Yeah. Near water also yields good results.