N Chromatus Fang broke off

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So a couple days ago I found a fang just sitting on one of my shelves, today, my N chromatus(about 3-3.5inches) was up against the side of its tanks so I could see and found out that is where the fang came from, so will its fang regenerate with a molt? And I'm assuming it can eat with just one fang since the cricket I put in at last feeding disappeared by the morning(this was before I found out who was missing the fang).

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Ive never had a T lose a fang but im pretty sure they regenerate.. they cant kill large prey easily with one fang =/ stick to small items

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
One of my P. ornata slings (turned out to be a male) had a bad molt and lost 4 legs and both fangs. He would grab the cricket with the pedipalps, hold on to it for a while trying to eat it, but eventually would let go, since he couldn't inject venom to kill it. To my big surprise he managed to make it to the next molt without a single meal and completely regenerated both fangs and all four legs. Tough little guy he was :)

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a B. smithi break off both fangs when he was about that size. About a month after he broke them off he molted and regenerated both just fine. I wouldn't worry too much, just prekill the prey items and your spider will find and eat them. I used waxworms because they have a very soft exoskeleton. They're high in fat though, so after your spider gets his fang back I'd switch back to crickets or roaches.