Arachnoprince
Old Timer
[YOUTUBE]QR7mlBJbnI4[/YOUTUBE]
Cicada killed by my pandinus ;P

Skip to around 1:00 to see the sting :p

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just find that evil. Don't know why though. Made me feel sorry for the poor thing.

Black Widow88

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No. What made you think that? I just felt sorry for the cicada. I'm allowed to feel sorry for it right?

Black Widow88

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cicadas make good food for big scorps and Ts! One of my smaller fat-tail scorps ate a whole one! I think that cicada was just bouncing off you because it was going toward the light and kind of blind at the moment. Not enough to see when it's flying around that fast to navigate so they bump into everything around lights at night. Most amphibians, but not all start out in the water but the most visually obvious difference is that reptiles have scales and amphs don't. I'm going to guess the green snake you see might be a Rough Green, ...you see them climbing? and the skink may be a Broadhead. The cicada nymphs feed by sucking sap from tree roots. The nymphs are pretty good at pinching you with those front legs.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh I would imagine that they'd be good food for scorps and T's because they're huge! And I don't think that the cicada nymphs can pinch you with they're front legs cause I've held them before and they didn't pinch me.

And if you're talking about a specific species then forget what I said above. :D

Black Widow88