mystery sling

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was at the hamburg show a few months ago and while i was picking up myS.philippinus i noticed some slings that were unmarked. the seller told me they came in unmarked or something like that. well to make this short he threw it in for free, all he wants to know is when it can be identified to let him know. Any ideas on what it may be. it molted a few weeks ago and pic is not the greatest. I do know its new world.

Attachments

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL dont think that will be to much help as im sure he new that

Sweepstakes

Arachnopeon
Judging from my personal collection, its posture resembles the posture of my G. rosea sling. however, the coloration is different. It might very well be a G. rosea, just a bit ahead on growth than mine, or it might be another of the Grammostola genus. Its abdomen is where I'm having trouble placing it. how does it behave? Arboreally or Terrestrially?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I don't know what that is, but that's not a G. rosea, and it's not arboreal. As stated, it is clearly a NW species.

Wait for a few molts; it's very difficult to guess unknown slings with any accuracy.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lookin like a LP, or somthing with a itchy butt!.....how about waitin like 5 more molts, then take some pics, and let us guess....lol

...at this stage in a NW'ers life, alot of sp. look like this...pretty hard to be exact..

nice lookin lil guy tho...keep us posted!

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks everyone. i didnt think it was a G.rosea as i have a tinier sling that looks nothing like this one. he doesnt realy look like my LP sling either. Well hopefully by his next molt i can tell.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
any new characteristics Matt? that lil guy surely molted by now right?

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He had just molted in the pic i have on here. I think he is in heavey premolt as hes not eating and has webbed up the enterance to his hide. Im hoping he molts very soon.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome. would like to see what happens with this lil guy. Either way, cant beat free