Mystery box

Minty

@londontarantulas
-: Update :-
Got my box today at around 17 pm here in sweden, all three slings are okay and in their respective enclosures / vials.

As i said i got 3.
C Darlingi (which i really wanted)
C meridionalis (which i had no idea even existed but its cool aswell, love spiders who web and burrow)

And the final peice, which im estatic about.
P irminia, One of my favourite new world species and an absolutely beautiful species
I paid 12.50 € for the box, along with an extra 12.50 € for shipping, and im really happy with the species i got. And, according to the prices on spidersworld.eu, i even got way more than i bargained for, The P Irminia slings there go for 25 € alone and ive seen some adults go for 125 €, and the C darlingi aswell as Meridionalis goes for around 5 €, of course its not about going profit, im just happy i got such a great deal on 3 amazing species :)
Cool additions.

ColletteTZ

Arachnopeon
-: Update :-
Got my box today at around 17 pm here in sweden, all three slings are okay and in their respective enclosures / vials.

As i said i got 3.
C Darlingi (which i really wanted)
C meridionalis (which i had no idea even existed but its cool aswell, love spiders who web and burrow)

And the final peice, which im estatic about.
P irminia, One of my favourite new world species and an absolutely beautiful species
I paid 12.50 € for the box, along with an extra 12.50 € for shipping, and im really happy with the species i got. And, according to the prices on spidersworld.eu, i even got way more than i bargained for, The P Irminia slings there go for 25 € alone and ive seen some adults go for 125 €, and the C darlingi aswell as Meridionalis goes for around 5 €, of course its not about going profit, im just happy i got such a great deal on 3 amazing species :)
I am so jealous! I really want a darlingi

ColletteTZ

Arachnopeon
Thats some really nice additions! my Nhandu Chromatus is one of my favourite species and i love her to death! hope you enjoy them all! did you ask for new worlds only or did you just recieve a bunch btw?
I already have a Chromatus but unconfirmed sex and a lot small so I’m excited to see what she’s like. I asked for terrestrial only as I have so many aboreals I think next I’ll go for the larger advances box and see what I get...addicted now

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow these mystery boxes sound fun! What’s the best dealer to get them from in the United States?

Zaxxen

Arachnosquire
Wow these mystery boxes sound fun! What’s the best dealer to get them from in the United States?
Wish i could help you but im from sweden, dont know if "Fear not Tarantulas" have mystery boxes but shes a fantastic person. Portsmouth tarantulas i think have em but im not sure

Zaxxen

Arachnosquire
I already have a Chromatus but unconfirmed sex and a lot small so I’m excited to see what she’s like. I asked for terrestrial only as I have so many aboreals I think next I’ll go for the larger advances box and see what I get...addicted now
Ah alright! I have 4 in total now, 1 terrestrial, 1 arboreal and 2 fossorial. Allthough my C Meridionalis thinks hes a semi arboreal/terrestrial :D

Dman

Arachnosquire
Just the regular box for 12.5€ :) so 3 slings in a small box of any kind, OW, NW, Arboreal/Terrestrial/Fossorial, anything goes :)
I am jealous of your prices in Europe. It is expensive here in the U.S.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Mystery boxes are fun...do a real mystery box,in that all you get are labels indicating OW/NW arboreal,terrestrial,fossorial.
Indicate SE Asia,Africa,Australia and South/North America
Then a year later,be really surprised ….that's a mystery box.

Zaxxen

Arachnosquire
Mystery boxes are fun...do a real mystery box,in that all you get are labels indicating OW/NW arboreal,terrestrial,fossorial.
Indicate SE Asia,Africa,Australia and South/North America
Then a year later,be really surprised ….that's a mystery box.
sure its more fun but also more risky, in some of them you don't even know if its an arboreal or if its a terrestrial/fossiral species and you won't know exactly how to care for them. Of course the suspense is more thrilling but alot of people on this forum will highly disagree and a few would probably want you crucified for that statement. Allthough i see where you're coming from and to some extent i agree

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wish i could help you but im from sweden, dont know if "Fear not Tarantulas" have mystery boxes but shes a fantastic person. Portsmouth tarantulas i think have em but im not sure
Fear Not has a type of mystery T but I’m not sure how that whole thing works. Somehow you buy it then it’s later announced on Facebook or something. Maybe someone here has better insight into the Fear Not mystery T program.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Well,we are free to disagree all the time on AB.If the animal comes from a reputable dealer/breeder,and labeled as OW arboreal,chances are good you can with the location ( That's why I said Africa,Asia or the Americas),provide proper care for the T.
If the label says NW arboreal,it's a pretty good chance I can make an educated guess on the proper environment for said sling
Doing this type of Mystery Box would be obviously for Experienced keepers.

Last edited:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
@MintyWood826 ,care to elaborate?What do you disagree with?

At least @Zaxxen was kind enough to explain his reasons for the disagree rating.

you don't even know if its an arboreal or if its a terrestrial/fossiral species
Reread my first post.Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
@MintyWood826 ,care to elaborate?What do you disagree with?

At least @Zaxxen was kind enough to explain his reasons for the disagree rating.
Sorry about that!
I undid that rating because I just realized that I'm not sure what you mean by v
Then a year later,be really surprised
I assumed that no identification would ever be given to the buyer from the seller, but now I'm looking at that and seeing two possible interpretations. One is that a year later, you get the identifications from the seller. The other is that you mean that a year later, the Ts will be identifiable. If it's the latter (which I assumed), I have a problem with it because some species or different morphotypes/whatever are very similar and hard to tell apart. They should never be bred in that case, even if the person sold them to another hobbyist, to avoid accidental hybrids.

I don't know how sellers who offer the complete mystery option do this when someone chooses that option (the only seller I know who offers it is Palp Friction).

I'm not sure how much sense I'm making because I need to sleep. Also I hope we don't end up cluttering this thread too much more because the same derailment already happened to another thread on the same topic; feel free to PM me on this if you want to keep discussing.