My worst fear happened

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My dog got loose yesterday from his leash (I thought it was secured) well my worst fear happened he got ran over. He is alive but in pain I am taking him to the vet today to make sure he is ok. He did get up and walk to get some water this morning so that was a good sign.What ticks me off the people who hit my dog didn't even stop and even saw me running toward him and yelling his name. They just kept on going. :mad: Luckily I am going to a clinic in a near by town to have my cat fixed so I'll take him w/me and see if they can see him. I'll let ya know what happens when I get home tonight

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so sorry to hear about that. :( Hope he's all right, that he didn't sustain any internal injuries.

As for the people who hit him - GRRRR! How ignorant, selfish and heartless to simply continue driving. :mad:

Best wishes.

---
Wendy
---

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh my! I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep my fingers crossed that he will be fine.

Stupid heartless jerks who don't stop when they hit an animal. It happens far too often.

One of my worst fears happened on Saturday. My indoor kitty escaped and we can't find her anywhere. :(

Hope your dog is ok.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
OMH Kristen!! :( I Know how you feel!!!! Im so sorry about that! I hope he will pull through and be ok for you. What a horrible thing to have to go through!

I had my brothers dog for 4 yrs. Last Sept, day after Steve died, Skippy got loose and the same thing happened to him. The ppl in the truck just kept right on going. Sad thing about my brothers dog is, he died about 2 blocks from the vets office. I was glad I was there for him. He recognized me when I came over to pick him up off the road. He kind of smiled up at me like, "Well, this is a fine mess Ive gotten myself into" Darnit, my eyes are leaking now!

Hope your story ends better than ours did.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just got back he is ok . He walked today great and they gave him some antibotics just incase for the cuts he has . Got his rabies shot and nails clipped so all is ok for now :D

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just got back he is ok . He walked today great and they gave him some antibotics just incase for the cuts he has . Got his rabies shot and nails clipped so all is ok for now :D

Fantastic news!!!! How totally relieved you must be. Yay! :) :clap:

I'm really, really happy for you. Now - if you ever see that car again, throw something at it. :evil:

---
Wendy
---

Jaygnar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad to hear he's okay. :)
It never fails to amaze me how heartless some people can be. :mad:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Glad to hear he's alright! :clap:

However, you should definitely have the number/location of an emergency vet on hand. If--god forbid--something happens again, you really need to get the animal there IMMEDIATELY. Not the next day. You got lucky this time, I cringe inside to think how bad it would have been if he'd died overnight. :eek:

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good grief that is horrible! How'd i miss this post? I feel very sad and disgusted when these things happen...you have to be a real ******* to not stop and take responsability for what you've done:mad: You say you saw this happening and those jerks getting away...Heck i would've jumped the fence and start to chase the car and get a tag # and i wouldn't stop until i get them arrested, hmpff:mad: i have no tolerance for cruelty like this. If you could at least remember a couple #'s from the tag and the model, and also check out if a neighbor saw it...there's a good chance they live in your own neighborhood and the police could find them if you provide details. I wouldn't hesitate to sue them for damages, recovery bills, and emotional distress:(

On a more positive note, at least your dog will get better, and i wish him a speedy recovery:)

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I was around seven, my dog was hit by someone that just kept right on going as well. I'm glad yours survived. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Brian

rag

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im teary eyed from reading everyones stories

rosehaired1979 and everyone else, i send you my best wishes