My Tupinambis teguixin!

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, i have seen a couple tegu threads around , and people seem sorta intrested in them so i thought i would share mine. This is NugNug he is a 4 year old Columbian Tegu, He does not have the size of the Argen B/W, but he makes up for it with his personality. I picked him up from a LPS, i really had no idea how to care or what a tegu even was, i fell in love with his patterns and he was just screaming for me to take him home. The people at the pet store were afraid to even grab him and put him in a snake bag for me, so i ended up doing it. Since then he has mellow'd down alot, i am able to hold him at will, altho he is really "flighty" he will jump in random directions and try to escape from me time to time, but he enjoys my company he loves to watch me sit at the computer and will often come out of his cave to see what i am up to. His pass-time consist of eating, sleeping,sleeping, and climbing to the top of my head to jump, he also enjoys a nice bath! Sorry for my terrible typing and grammer, here are a couple of pics of lunch time today.

Attachments

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
tegus are great! i love my arg but i have fond memories of the 2 columbians i had when i was younger:D

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Indeed, My father owns a red and a blue as well, and i can tell you from 1st hand the blue is strait nasty when it comes to feeding i have seen him leap almost 3 feet verticaly to try and grab a rat. Also not afraid to take a little taste of your finger.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Interesting... I did not know they finally discovered a four legged insect with a forked tongue :D