My trip to repticon

GK.

Arachnopeon
So I went to the Atlanta Repticon today. This was my first time going to a convention and I have to say, I really enjoyed. There was all kinds of neat stuff to see like HUGE reptiles. But of course I was there for the tarantulas and ended up bringing 6 home. I got some really good deals on them and I'm really pleased with what I got.

Slings:
P. regalis
B. emilia
C. ritae
C. fimbriatus

I also got an H. maculata and an extremely sweet H. lividum that's been giving me a threat pose ever since I bought it. :p

So that was my day. Anyone else go?

Also, unfortunately there won't be any pictures since I only have dial-up at home and I don't love you guys enough to take the time to upload them. :p

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I went to the Atlanta Repticon today. This was my first time going to a convention and I have to say, I really enjoyed. There was all kinds of neat stuff to see like HUGE reptiles. But of course I was there for the tarantulas and ended up bringing 6 home. I got some really good deals on them and I'm really pleased with what I got.

Slings:
P. regalis
B. emilia
C. ritae
C. fimbriatus

I also got an H. maculata and an extremely sweet H. lividum that's been giving me a threat pose ever since I bought it. :p

So that was my day. Anyone else go?

Also, unfortunately there won't be any pictures since I only have dial-up at home and I don't love you guys enough to take the time to upload them. :p
Yepp! I went :D I didn't set up, but checked it out, it was fun!

Swifty

GK.

Arachnopeon
You guys got lucky, I just found out that I can upload pictures to photobucket from my phone. :p

H. maculata

H. lividum

B. emilia

GK.

Arachnopeon
P. regalis

C. ritae (I'm actually pretty sure this one is an adult. They're tiny fellas)

C. fimbriatus

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awww, babies! I was really wanting to get a C. fimbriatus, but bought slings from someone other then who I had originally planned to buy from. Wouldn't you know, the day after my order was sent, the guy listed C. fimbriatus slings {D

GK.

Arachnopeon
Ah you should get some when you get a chance. I saw the momma C. fimbriatus on display there and she was GORGEOUS.

mma316

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice selections!

I see you picked up some extremely great selections. I wasn't able to attend Repticon when it came to Timonium Fairgrounds, do to the fact I had to work that weekend:(. I'm an annual attendant of the Mid-Atlantic Reptile Show. Last year there weren't many Arachnid vendors there. A cricket vendor was selling G. rosea slings, and another vendor had a wider selection. A wider selection with ridiculous prices:

3/4" Blue Fang $75.00
1/2" G. pulchra $60.00
3/4"-1" P. cancerides $40.00
unsexed Adult P. cancerides $75.00
1 1/2" N. chromatus $50.00
Adult Scolopendra alternans $55.00
and a few more species with high price tags.

Where your pick ups reasonably priced?

JPJ

Arachnopeon
Yes, I went and was utterly disgusted at the conditions some of the dealers provided for their animals.
Never seen so many dead spiders at a show in all my life and not one dealer was aware until I pointed it out to them.
Have any of these pathetic dealers heard of the words "WATER or HUMIDITY?"
Always nice to see everything kept as if it lives in the Sahara.
I bought a few animals that plunged into water dishes as soon as I got them home.

GK.

Arachnopeon
I see you picked up some extremely great selections. I wasn't able to attend Repticon when it came to Timonium Fairgrounds, do to the fact I had to work that weekend:(. I'm an annual attendant of the Mid-Atlantic Reptile Show. Last year there weren't many Arachnid vendors there. A cricket vendor was selling G. rosea slings, and another vendor had a wider selection. A wider selection with ridiculous prices:

3/4" Blue Fang $75.00
1/2" G. pulchra $60.00
3/4"-1" P. cancerides $40.00
unsexed Adult P. cancerides $75.00
1 1/2" N. chromatus $50.00
Adult Scolopendra alternans $55.00
and a few more species with high price tags.

Where your pick ups reasonably priced?
I got really good deals on most of the stuff I got. I even got a couple of things for the wholesale price. You have to barter with them. :p

Yes, I went and was utterly disgusted at the conditions some of the dealers provided for their animals.
Never seen so many dead spiders at a show in all my life and not one dealer was aware until I pointed it out to them.
Have any of these pathetic dealers heard of the words "WATER or HUMIDITY?"
Always nice to see everything kept as if it lives in the Sahara.
I bought a few animals that plunged into water dishes as soon as I got them home.
Yeah I saw that. The H. mac I got was kept completely dry, and the same went for the other tarantulas at that table. I'm sure you saw all the avics. The vendors where I got all my stuff from housed their stock pretty good though.

JPJ

Arachnopeon
I got really good deals on most of the stuff I got. I even got a couple of things for the wholesale price. You have to barter with them. :p

Yeah I saw that. The H. mac I got was kept completely dry, and the same went for the other tarantulas at that table. I'm sure you saw all the avics. The vendors where I got all my stuff from housed their stock pretty good though.
Glad you chose to provide a good home for the H. Mac GK and purchased it.
The centipedes I purchased behaved like aquatic animals when I housed them.
It's really sad when such purchases can be equally termed "relief efforts."... especially when dealing with people who do this for a living and most certainly know better.
I've seen "pet rocks" cared for better than some of those animals.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome! The C.ritae is so pretty! Your going to love that C.fimbriatus too, they are awesome. Your H.mac is beautiful as well.