My spiders are wierd!!

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats right guys ! My pokie, P. regallis turned burrower and started to dig into the ground for 2 streight days now, moving peat from the back of the enclosure onto the vent that is infront under the sliding door.

My A. versicolor adult female is 2/3 of the year closed in her web and she hasn't molted for 1 year and 3 months allready and comes once every 2 months to drink water drops off the walls and few minutes later closes her web again for about 1-2 months and so on.

My C. cyanopubescens webs like crazy and I moved her into her enclosure 3 days ago and almost half of terrarium is almost all webbed up. My versi never webbed that much. Ever.

My. sub adult P. cambridgei started to web as well, almost as my pokie.

B. smithi when I cleaned her terrarium completely used her hide few times and now she is chilling on it now for about 2 months without moving much, I know she is due for a molt.

And lastly my A. geniculata sub adult male made himself nice tunnel under his hide all from the entrance I started for him all to the back to have an escape rute just in case and hides in day time near the back entrance and he's chilling near the front and water dish at night.

Damn crazy soiders.:?

A7xConnor

Arachnosquire
Pretty sure avics web up a particular spot, whereas, gbb's tend to web up more or less the whole enclosure. But whateverrrr

Then again I've never owned an avic myself, so I couldn't say, but I'm going on what I've seen.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What I tried to say is that Chroamtopelma webbed this much in 4 days and my A. versicolor didn't webbed that much in 2 years as I have her( from same size as my Chromatopelma is now, 7 cm ls).
Also I have never read that Pokies dig up holes underground, not like Psalmopeus species (who tend to burrow when younger and have experienced that first hand).

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
GBB web more in general, than Avics....Avics usually web up a little home and that's that. GBB's web EVERYTHING and IME, they do it fast. After the last rehousing, mine had webbed everything, to the point of not being able to see the substrate, in a matter of days.

Also, it's not unheard of for Pokies to burrow as slings and juvies. They outgrow it as they get bigger.

A7xConnor

Arachnosquire
GBB web more in general, than Avics....Avics usually web up a little home and that's that. GBB's web EVERYTHING and IME, they do it fast. After the last rehousing, mine had webbed everything, to the point of not being able to see the substrate, in a matter of days.

Also, it's not unheard of for Pokies to burrow as slings and juvies. They outgrow it as they get bigger.
So... Basically what I said (; although saying that, my gbb is kinda being like an avic at the moment, it's last enclosure was completely webbed up, yet this one, it just lived in this little log I had standing up (basically like an aboreal) and weebed the whole inside that up and the bottom which was kinda like a cavern, which was completely webbed out with very thick web. But it kinda grew too big for the whole, so it has now moved out into the leaves above and made a cool little home/tunnel thing constructed by the leaves being all webbed together. Now it just uses that hole/cavern as a pooper and food waste disposal aha.

So yeah, he's only webbed up a particular part of the enclosure rather than the whole thing this time, and he's been in there two months :)

(We kinda look like we're trying to wreck this thread /: which we're not!)