My spiders are adorable.

Billeh

Arachnosquire
I woke up today and looked into my G.Roseas terrarium, expecting to see her inside her hide (She's been in it for about 2 weeks now) but today, she was on top of it, just walking around, then I noticed piles of dirt everywhere! She dug a small little burrow under her hide and it has a nice layer of silk already on it. I find it adorable how shes cleaning up around her hide.

Then I went over and looked at my GBB which I recently rehoused. She's only been there 5 days and I see strands of silk from the top of the terrarium to her little hide, shes been busy as well! She also has a lot of web covering the entrance of her hide.

I look at my A.Versicolor sling and then I start to worry.. It's really small and usually a pain to spot, but this time I couldn't find it!! then I look under the fake leaf in her enclosure, and wouldn't you know it, she has a tiny hammock hanging under the leaf, and she's just chilling.

Call me weird, but I think these behaviors are adorable.
(My GBB and A.Versicolors are unsexed ATM, however I prefer to call them "shes" to make my life a little simpler)

~Billeh

Billeh

Arachnosquire
Lol to be honest, I was perfectly content when she was acting like a pet rock (She seriously didn't move for a week.. I thought she was gonna molt or something). I least I knew it was "normal" behavior. But having her walk around and digging, I gotta admit, i'm proud to be her owner! hahaha.

GL with your sac!!! Let me know how it turns out!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my rosie has moved like 8 times since july. shes eatin about the same amount of times too, then hasnt ate since july either. idk...

AshLee

Arachnopeon
The Versi's behavior sounds precious.
My RCF Rosea is constantly doing something and active.
My NCF Rosea never moves, and has adopted the nickname "Boulder."
I quite enjoy checking in on all of them and seeing what renovations have been done.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My OBT is so adorable the way it runs out of the container and up the side of the bathtub before I can blink, and my little A. versicolor has been so cute the three times it's escaped. Oh, and don't forget the H. maculata :p

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. rosea moves everyday, and eats 3 adult crickets every Wednesday. I guess I'm lucky :)

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
If your wierd I'm weird too:biggrin:,I just melt when I see my babies webbing or doing the 'happy dance' and I think it is just ADORABLE when I offer them food and they either gently or viciously grab it:love:

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
I too think my spiders are adorable. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy!! I'm lucky, my G rosea is always on the move doing something, and never passes up a meal. my GBB Sling is just too cute for words. I'm ready for a couple more too.

Billeh

Arachnosquire
My OBT is so adorable the way it runs out of the container and up the side of the bathtub before I can blink, and my little A. versicolor has been so cute the three times it's escaped. Oh, and don't forget the H. maculata :p
Lmao. They just wanna play ;)
The Versi's behavior sounds precious.
<3 it is!! hahaha, I can't wait to see her start growing!!
If your wierd I'm weird too:biggrin:,I just melt when I see my babies webbing or doing the 'happy dance' and I think it is just ADORABLE when I offer them food and they either gently or viciously grab it:love:
I love watching my spiders eat!! It's so cute, and it makes me feel so happy knowing they have a full tummy now hahaha.
I too think my spiders are adorable. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy!! I'm lucky, my G rosea is always on the move doing something, and never passes up a meal. my GBB Sling is just too cute for words. I'm ready for a couple more too.
Lmao, my girlfriend thinks I'm insane, she always ends up saying "Babe, you know their spiders right?" but I just can't help thinking their so adorable!

jim777

Arachnosquire
My G. rosea is always out, and moves quite a bit, if slowly. And it is a ferocious attacker, a real tough guy. :) I would never handle it!

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To all the people who think Ts are so cute, you've obviously never chased one :p

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
This is my G. roseas week.
Monday: Lay flat on the substrate...

Tuesday: Ha ha owner, I moved and webbed all night, too bad I only did it when you weren't looking. I'm going to lie flat in a different area... stupid human.

Wednesday:Did it again, you'll never catch me moving around... commencing flatness.

Thursday: (Yawn) woah, what happened to last night? Guess I slept through it. Back to sleep I go.

Friday: You can keep trying, I'm not going to eat a roach. Get me crickets or else I will stay on this hunger strike.

Saturday: Oh hell no! See this threat display?! That means get those nasty giant tweezers out of here! I'm going to attack them, I'll do it! "BAM" See, take that.. That's right. Oh, you can pet me if you want. Alright! He's going to let me on his hand again! I love finding a nice cozy spot on his hands. As long as he keeps those darn tweezers away from me... hate those things, give me the creeps.

Sunday: I'm not going to eat that roach... I hate you.

Billeh

Arachnosquire
This is my G. roseas week.
Monday: Lay flat on the substrate...

Tuesday: Ha ha owner, I moved and webbed all night, too bad I only did it when you weren't looking. I'm going to lie flat in a different area... stupid human.

Wednesday:Did it again, you'll never catch me moving around... commencing flatness.

Thursday: (Yawn) woah, what happened to last night? Guess I slept through it. Back to sleep I go.

Friday: You can keep trying, I'm not going to eat a roach. Get me crickets or else I will stay on this hunger strike.

Saturday: Oh hell no! See this threat display?! That means get those nasty giant tweezers out of here! I'm going to attack them, I'll do it! "BAM" See, take that.. That's right. Oh, you can pet me if you want. Alright! He's going to let me on his hand again! I love finding a nice cozy spot on his hands. As long as he keeps those darn tweezers away from me... hate those things, give me the creeps.

Sunday: I'm not going to eat that roach... I hate you.
LMAO, this gave me a good laugh. I love it. I'm screenshotting this hahaha

jakykong

Arachnobaron
+1. Especially the bit about the tweezers; spot on :)

Mine doesn't do much, but she dug out under her hide and whenever I shine a flashlight nearby, she turns around (slowly, of course) to stare. It's that classic see-my-eyes-here-I-stare stance. Never gets old!

LMAO, this gave me a good laugh. I love it. I'm screenshotting this hahaha

Billeh

Arachnosquire
+1. Especially the bit about the tweezers; spot on :)

Mine doesn't do much, but she dug out under her hide and whenever I shine a flashlight nearby, she turns around (slowly, of course) to stare. It's that classic see-my-eyes-here-I-stare stance. Never gets old!
I shine a light in my G.roseas hide at least once a day, she never seems to notice there even is a light lol