my sligs

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so i figured out what macro meant on the digital camera lol. pretty cool now. here are some beginner shots, ill try to get more when the spiders are more cooperative.
GBB

a. genic

l.para

may try for some of the rose hair and a.seemani later on...

lilmountaingrrl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Solaceofwinter, it's awesome about that Macro function, isnt it? lol.... Now we're all going to be photo-crazy taking pics of our babies in Macro! :clap:

Love your pics! Your A. genic is adorable.... love it's coloration!

How old's your GBB? I got my GBB sling in October, and just lately she (or he) has been growing like a weed.....

Your l. para is beautiful :drool: ...... it's a T I dont think I've seen many pictures of (I might be mistaken) so I'm going to go do a google search on it right now

Thanks for sharing your photos! :p

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks! yup the geniculta is a showoff for sure but i think the GBB may rival once it gets its colors. i just got it last weekend, has eaten everyday since ive had it! the l. para is a little fellow quite skittish cant wait for it to get bigger, looks like it will be darker and black when older but large... ill get some of the suntiger next time its out, very secretive but very has its colors too... lol macro function who woulda thought!? {D thanks again for the compliments.

lilmountaingrrl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been wanting to get a genic for a while now..... the picture you posted isnt helping my spider envy, either ;) Luckily I'll be at an exotics show this weekend, where hopefully I can pick up some new T's to add to the family.

No doubt about the GBB's colors being gorgeous when they reach maturity. Mine's far from mature, and the colors it's displaying are already almost techni-color beautiful.

What's your suntiger's disposition like? I've always thought they were beautiful, but I was under the impression that they are aggressive or nervous? :?
I'm probably mistaken, so someone correct me if i'm wrong!

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes definetely get a giant white knee, no regrets very nice fast growing pretty t. the suntiger is cool but very very nervous and secretive. it has a burrow on the side of the enclosure. a dirt tube if you will. sometimes at night it will come out and run around, but even a flashlight will scare it back into the tube. more apt to run than fight. its acts funny sometimes because it cannot immediately find its entrance and begins to flip out thinking its 'locked itself out' lol. but its a great hunter when it wants, saw it catch a cricket upside down. and the colors are very awsome. its only about 2" cant wait for it to get bigger as well. look forward to all these growing up {D

lilmountaingrrl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
solaceofwinter said:
the suntiger is cool but very very nervous and secretive. it has a burrow on the side of the enclosure. a dirt tube if you will. sometimes at night it will come out and run around, but even a flashlight will scare it back into the tube. more apt to run than fight. its acts funny sometimes because it cannot immediately find its entrance and begins to flip out thinking its 'locked itself out' lol.
The way you described your suntiger reminds me so much of my Ephebopus uatuman. She (or he) is always hiding, and is extremely secretive. She built a long, narrow tube out of substrate, and is always hiding in her burrow. Sometimes I'll catch her peeking her little head out, but right when she spots me she darts back in there.

How old is your suntiger? You said it was about 2 inches..... will it get much bigger then that? And I also just had to say that the thought of your T thinking it got locked out of it's burrow is funny (but of course probably not so funny for the tarantula :( )

liveprey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think it cool how that tiny little L. parahybana (probable your smallest sling) will turn into one of your largest. Nice pics! I had a chance to see an adult at a show this last summer and it was impressive.

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive had the suntiger about 2-3 months, has molted once in my care, is due any day for a second one. yeah i saw an adult l.para and it was awsome looking, i cant wait for mine to get that size. i keep telling it to eat and molt but it doesnt listen to me! {D

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
great looking ts and shots! i think that gbb rivals it already. i love the colors throughout their lifespan