My p.regalis female acting weird?

forfun

Arachnopeon
I bought this girl 04/11/2018 and i got her in premolt i think and it kinda looks like she molted but i'm not sure about that.

I tried to feed her again yesterday with a cricket and i left the cricket there for a while. I came back and i saw the p.regalis stood over the cricket and when the T noticed i was watching it rushed back to the hide but the cricket was still alive and moving.

I never experienced this before. It's kinda weird that the p.regalis was standing over the cricket like that. My little worries is that the fangs are missing but i'm not sure what's going on.

Any thoughts about this? :)

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
If she molted, she probably just isn’t ready to eat yet. Give her fangs some time to harden up.

forfun

Arachnopeon
If she molted, she probably just isn’t ready to eat yet. Give her fangs some time to harden up.
I think she is already harden. The weird part is just that she was hunting the cricket but was just standing over the cricket at one time. Never seen that before. Maybe she just wanted to scare the cricket away or something

Last edited:

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
I think she is already harden. The weird part is just that she was hunting the cricket but was just standing over the cricket at one time. Never seen that before. Maybe she just wanted to scare the cricket away or something
How long ago do you suspect she molted, and how big is she? For larger specimens, it can take weeks for the exo to harden.

forfun

Arachnopeon
How long ago do you suspect she molted, and how big is she? For larger specimens, it can take weeks for the exo to harden.
Hard to tell, i can't see a molt because she made such a good hide. But she locked herself up with webbing the first time i got her and she didn't eat so i was guessing she was in premolt. I was checking the enclosure daily til i saw her legs sticking out. That's when i tried to feed her and she ran out of her hide hunting the cricket, since the cricket was not moving i got tired of watching. After a while i came back and saw her in a spot with the legs inwards and when she noticed me she ran back to the hide and to my suprise at the exact same spot where she was standing with her legs inward there was the cricket.

The seller said she was 10cm so i guess she is about 10-15cm in size

I guess i wait a week or so before trying to feed again. It was just a little weird that she acted that way because in my experience if the T is not ready to eat after molt they never hunted the prey.

My first thoughts that came to my mind was broken fangs, but i hope i'm not right about that