My P.Met sling looks wierd

Hutake

Arachnopeon
image.jpg

Idk if you can see clearly but it looks wierd, idk if its molting or what but form what I watched online and read molting tarantula should be at their back right? Can someone help me with this pleaseee thankss. If ever he/she is molting this will be my first tarantula to molt.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Its molting. They can molt in all sorts of weird positions but its typically on their back.

Leave it alone. Do not disturb

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Depends on size of specimen. Younger spiders molt and harden faster than adults. The process can take any amount of time from 20 mins to 2 days. Yours will be done soon though

Hutake

Arachnopeon
Depends on size of specimen. Younger spiders molt and harden faster than adults. The process can take any amount of time from 20 mins to 2 days. Yours will be done soon though
Thank you very much sir, i hope it will be fine

Pokie11

Arachnosquire
Alright thanks how long usually does it take?
It depends. I would say at least 1 hour, but ussualy longer. Slings are molting much faster than adults. Just leave it be for at least a day, it needs some peace to molt properly.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Not the best set up for a Poecilotheria sling. That'd be better for a Caribena/Avicularia/Ybyrapora which are true arboreals who enjoy making their homes as high as possible in their enclosure. Despite being arboreal, Poecilotheria typically like sticking near the ground-- especially as slings. I'd give them some cork bark, slanted. This gives them an option to build their hide wherever they please on the cork bark and build the durtains (dirt curtains) that they and Psalmopoeus are known for.

Hutake

Arachnopeon
Not the best set up for a Poecilotheria sling. That'd be better for a Caribena/Avicularia/Ybyrapora which are true arboreals who enjoy making their homes as high as possible in their enclosure. Despite being arboreal, Poecilotheria typically like sticking near the ground-- especially as slings. I'd give them some cork bark, slanted. This gives them an option to build their hide wherever they please on the cork bark and build the durtains (durt curtains) that they and Psalmopoeus are known for.

Thank you, Yeah I read that online too. I had a cork there before but removed it because i think its having a difficulty of catching its prey. But will surely edit its enclosure asap, thank you ^_^

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Not the best set up for a Poecilotheria sling. That'd be better for a Caribena/Avicularia/Ybyrapora which are true arboreals who enjoy making their homes as high as possible in their enclosure. Despite being arboreal, Poecilotheria typically like sticking near the ground-- especially as slings. I'd give them some cork bark, slanted. This gives them an option to build their hide wherever they please on the cork bark and build the durtains (dirt curtains) that they and Psalmopoeus are known for.

Where you get these jars from? :)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Where you get these jars from? :)
The internet.

:troll:

They're from Snapware. You can buy them from Amazon, sometimes with free shipping but the prices can be wonky. I'd definitely look at their pricing on their website first. These are all the plastic jars with translucent lids: http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/search?q=translucent

They're cheaper on the website, but you do have to pay for shipping. Sometimes they do a 'free shipping' offer, I managed to take advantage of that combined with a "25% off everything" promo and now I've got a ton of these jars in my closet for the future.

Hutake

Arachnopeon
It depends. I would say at least 1 hour, but ussualy longer. Slings are molting much faster than adults. Just leave it be for at least a day, it needs some peace to molt properly.
It has been a day and its still in the same position, is it possible that the tarantula is stucked? Or someting? Can I do anything to help it? Or still just leave it be?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It has been a day and its still in the same position, is it possible that the tarantula is stucked? Or someting? Can I do anything to help it? Or still just leave it be?
Yes. If it is that young and has been like that for a day then is most likely stuck.

It will have hardened a fair bit by now so there is not much you can do for it. If all of its legs, palps and fangs are not free then it doesnt have much of a chance at all I'm afraid :(

Hutake

Arachnopeon
Yes. If it is that young and has been like that for a day then is most likely stuck.

It will have hardened a fair bit by now so there is not much you can do for it. If all of its legs, palps and fangs are not free then it doesnt have much of a chance at all I'm afraid :(
Yup i think the fangs and half of the legs are stucked. It just sad