my OBT's web......

Corpload

Arachnopeon
hello...

need some advice here....

my obt keep hanging on the top of the ceiling, more bad, its on the tank lid...i think she/he want to make web there i can see...

question is...how i gonna feed it, if i open the lid, for sure it feel threatened....

should i make make a new door on my own...a hole maybe...just to put some crix,mealworms to feed it...

please advice!....:wall:

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just use the lid as per usual, if it destroys the webbing, it really won't matter

introduced food will no doubt be hunted after it has calmed down, if indeed it does feel threatened by the lid being opened

Corpload

Arachnopeon
thanks for the tips bryn....

maybe my substrate still wet..dats y it on top.......hope the subrate dry soon...

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also, get tongs. I finally found 10" metal ones. That way you don't even have to open the lid far.

And seconding the idea to keep using the top, it'll deal. All my T. gigas & P. ornata slings are current in cups with screw on lids. I have plenty on stuff for them to attach webs to at the bottom, if they choose not to, then they are just SOL :D

Corpload

Arachnopeon
now she/he decided to make web under the hideout that i made for my OBT..

thank god it decided not to make web on top of the tanks....:clap:

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Give it a starting point , like a few silk leaves or a partial cork tube . Mine always web around these starting points and that way I can sorta control where they do their webbing .