My OBT always lives up to the reputation...... Plus rehouse, plus an FYI

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
So I decided to rehouse my OBT into her forever enclosure since she outgrew her last one. Just some advice for people looking at buying an OBT (or any old world to be honest) I'd recommend housing them in a slightly larger enclosure than a less pissy spider as they can become very agitated during rehousings as you can see.......
IMG_20180729_194358.jpg
Either way they are a beautiful tarantula with an amazing attitude and are a pleasure to care for. I have attached some photos of the new enclosure as well. There is about 4 inches of sub as she is a very heavy digger and has never webbed since I've owned her, and 4 inches of height incase she decides to web.... Just for reference the tarantula is about 4 inches leg span (looks miniscule curled up though). Also an FYI if anyone is looking for a decent sized water dish for juvie upwards sized tarantulas the lids from bug gel/grub are really good. I keep all of mine just for this purpose.
IMG_20180729_200503.jpg
Anyhow! Have a lovely week guys and gals.

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
New enclosure looks good, the rep this species has can be blown out of proportion. Most would much rather flee then fight, if they cant burrow or hide...they are forced to defend themselves as they feel exposed with nowhere to run.

Always gives this species the opportunity to burrow, and your likely to not have any issues.

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
New enclosure looks good, the rep this species has can be blown out of proportion. Most would much rather flee then fight, if they cant burrow or hide...they are forced to defend themselves as they feel exposed with nowhere to run.

Always gives this species the opportunity to burrow, and your likely to not have any issues.
Thank you. The rep is a bit on the bad side, the only time mine is even slightly shady is during a rehouse, otherwise she is super chill. As a sling I never got a single threat posture up until just over 2 inches.

This is shocking information, may have to conduct a study and report the findings!
I would be delighted to see your findings on completion!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you. The rep is a bit on the bad side, the only time mine is even slightly shady is during a rehouse, otherwise she is super chill. As a sling I never got a single threat posture up until just over 2 inches.

I would be delighted to see your findings on completion!

I'll be submitting it to the Journal of Obvious and Completely Useless Data in about 20 yrs.

Bree24

Arachnosquire
To be honest, I’d rather have one that fights than one that flees. It’s the speed that scares me. Teleportation is my ultimate nope.

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
To be honest, I’d rather have one that fights than one that flees. It’s the speed that scares me. Teleportation is my ultimate nope.
This is true! They can be incredibly fast when required.

In other news, my P. metallica has just moulted!
IMG_20180730_000910.jpg
I'm a happy chappy!