MY NEW T's! yey!

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
YEY OH YEY OH YEY! lol, well your probably wonderig what im so happy about,well my Mantis came today,brownish and nearly adult! i think its african, PLUS, the Avicualria Avicularia, and the 2 Peterinochilus Murinus, although they all have not moved from their cups,1 of the murinus looks like it was/is dead :(..well it could be the stress, from travelling so ill leave it,ive put a cricket in each tank,hope they come out of their cups so i know there healthy..well wish me luck *he* pulls through! i will attatch some pics later..

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good luck buddy, keep us posted

here's my latest aquisition

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i forgot 2 mention, what should i do if i get bit by the Murinus?

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't get bit! this advice works for any T. It's the rule I religiously follow. (I know just jinxed myself)

I've read that rinsing the bite area in v hot water can draw out the venom.

If nessisary go to the infirmary.

But seriously don't get bit remeber what sp your dealing with.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck!

congrats on both of your new additions!

Yeah, definitely try to avoid a bite. I've heard varying reports of bites from this species. Some said it simply burned a little. Others have said it hurt.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Good luck!

Originally posted by phoenixxavierre
congrats on both of your new additions!

Yeah, definitely try to avoid a bite. I've heard varying reports of bites from this species. Some said it simply burned a little. Others have said it hurt.
I got bit by my p murius a while back when I 1st got it. The little shite got me on my elbow. I can tell you now it hurt. Thankfully the stinging felling didn't last too long

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yo

ok i just checked on them this morning, and they the 2 usumbaras have came out of their pot,one is waiting in the corner,and the other,...which i thought was dead..has started to dig a little hole in the corner and webbed it :D

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i been meaning to ask, do mantid have venom?
and what do you feed them?
are they as entertaining as t's to watch eat and stuff?

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no mantids do not have venom,they eat their prey alive,but they can *nip* as im told ..but ive had a few mantids and am waiting to get bitten...lol, i feed them mealworms and crickets, you can feed them lots of bugs, even spiders. and yes they are entertaining watching them chew on their food..lol. i dont really find t's fun watching them eat as the food is usually under the palps, and i cannot see them being ripped apart! :( but you can see the crickets on mantids :D there are lots of sites where you can buy mantids..if your from the UK, http://www.mantisuk.com .if your from USA, http://www.mantiskingdom.com they usually have sdome for sale and info.

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i have taken like 20 pics..and only 2 of em i like..lol, my computers playing up with javascript so i cannot actually post the pics..if someone would be kind enough id be very grateful, the pics are of the A. Avic and 1 of the Murinus

http://groups.msn.com/Spidersinsectforum/shoebox.msnw?Page=2

(the 2 at the bottom, (Untitled Photo DSCF0032.jpg) and (Untitled Photo DSCF0033.jpg)
i had java virtual machine before which fixed my computer but so far iva had no luck in finding it cause i re-formatted my drive :(

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yey i installed java virtual machine and java runtime environemtn so the comp works now :)

the pink toe pic aint very good..oh well you will remember me as a crap photographer... :p lol