My New Tree Frog Setup

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks nice. Just make sure to remove the combustible metals. :p

super-pede

Arachnobaron
...........combustible metals...?*picks up phone,calls the anti-terrorism people*

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Possibly, I'm still working on it so there could be some change. Though in "the wild" I have seen plenty of tree frogs on smaller plants (not trees)
Oh cool! I've only ever seen them up in high places in between rocks, up on the wall i my bathroom. etc. cool to know they like low plants too!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would place that on end,creating a vertical setup. What kind of frogs are going in there? I use vertical on our African Whipping frogs,Tiger legs,and Greens. Works great,and they are always as high up as they can possibly climb.... Heighth is more important than anything with treefrogs IMHO.

skilletsteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would place that on end,creating a vertical setup. What kind of frogs are going in there? I use vertical on our African Whipping frogs,Tiger legs,and Greens. Works great,and they are always as high up as they can possibly climb.... Heighth is more important than anything with treefrogs IMHO.
alright that sounds fun. how do you get it so the substrate stays in place and make it so you are able to open the screen for feedings?

it is two greens and a grey in there.

skilletsteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
also that combustible metals sign is from 2005 or so when I helped my high school chemistry teacher clean out her stock room.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just cut a lip out of plastic for the bottom of the enclosure,and hot glue it in place. It will keep the substrate from falling out.You can make it as tall or as short as you need( depends how much sub you use)