My new tarantula room slash office~

Ilich

Arachnosquire
Lmao, My girlfriend doesn't want them in the house at all. At first it was I couldn't have them, period. Now I can have them but I need to build something separate from the house for them. I think she'll warm up to them eventually. She seems to think the females eating the males is the funniest thing ever. And her eyes lit up when I informed her they can eat smaller species of spider (she asked).

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice rack. I have two of the same (and will be getting one more soon). What size bungee cords are you using?

violetsun5

Arachnopeon
Nice rack. I have two of the same (and will be getting one more soon). What size bungee cords are you using?
I think they're just the standard small ones from home depot. They're up there to keep the cats from shoving things off the shelves.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Do you worry at all about cold/drafts coming from that window in the winter? It is right above the shelving unit.

violetsun5

Arachnopeon
Do you worry at all about cold/drafts coming from that window in the winter? It is right above the shelving unit.
They're three inch thick glass blocks with rubber lined windows. I'm honestly more concerned about the woodstove that's down here. If it becomes an issue I'll move the shelving unit though.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm honestly more concerned about the woodstove that's down here
I don't know how large it is. If average size, you are going to have issues if the room is too small, and coal would be worse.

boina

Lady of the mites
I don't know how large it is. If average size, you are going to have issues if the room is too small, and coal would be worse.
It also depends on the stove. I do a lot of my heating with a wood stove when it's not too cold. If you have a stove that closes well and a chimney that works well enough you won't have problems.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It also depends on the stove. I do a lot of my heating with a wood stove when it's not too cold. If you have a stove that closes well and a chimney that works well enough you won't have problems.
The stove I used had a temp of 700F, anything withing 20 ft would have died with constant exposure. We only used stove in winter.