My New Six-Spotted Fishing Spider??

RAZZBERRY

Arachnopeon
ok So today me and my girlfriend went out looking for spiders and came back with a pretty good size Six-Spotted Fishing Spider and a Hogna Lenta Wolf Spider (BIG lol). So Total I have 1 Hogna something Wolf Spider (I Havent ID'd her yet) and 2 Hogna Lenta Wolf Spiders and 1 Six-Spotted Fishing Spider!!
IM HAPPY LOL

Here are some pics of the Six-Spotted Fishing Spider:

And Heres some pics of it underwater lol..
They look so shiny when they go underwater..
ITS AWESOME.

Heres my new Hogna Lenta I was telling you about:

ok I have a couple of questions, is there anything I need to know about my Fishing Spider? Like what does it enjoy eating? (I am going to try a Tad Pole tomorrow :) ) What do they need in there enclosure to survive?

Thanks,
Wesley

Last edited:

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As far as I know, your D. triton would probably do fine the way you have it set up, but I tend to try and mimick its natural environment. An easy way to get a good idea of what they like is look at pictures where they are doing their natural thing.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/1990/bgimage?from=0

lots of pictures there. You can either buy fake plants and the like to mimick this, or go with real plants but that takes a bit of research, trial and error and upkeep. I like to give the spiders space too so i'm thinking for triton they would appreciate length over depth or height for a cage setup. I know petsmart/petco carry aquatic plants so thats probably the way I'd go...like set up a little aquarium and buy some small fish and find some insect larvea the fish and the spider could munch on between tiny fish feedings. Apparently triton mostly eat water striders....but i bet things like it would do fine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerridae

I wish my boyfriend would go with me on spider hunting trips! XD getting him to come outside and look at a spider is hard enough...:(

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
you seem to have broken all your pic links. did you move the images to another directory after you made the thread?

edit:

ah ha! just my janky computer =P

pretty little thing :)

RAZZBERRY

Arachnopeon
Thank you Both of you..

and Tyro Thank you for the info, ohh and I wish I could get a bigger place for her, but sadly I have no cash and cannot buy one...
and My girlfriend hated spiders so much when I first met here and then she went with me and and helped me with my spider collection..
She now is learning and likes them to a point where she will hold them in a jar and capture them and respect them but not enough to hold one yet lol..

and cacoseraph, thank you she is really pretty.. I am hoping to get another one next week when we go out and look for more...

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You sure that's an H. lenta? I'd be more inclined to H. helluo or georgicola....maybe? Wolfies aren't my specialty..but it looks a bit dark for a lenta, and the carapace doesn't have as much of the "starburst" pattern IMO. Anywho...my 1 1/2 cents.