Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How precious! They are sooo adorable!

Congrats on all your little babies!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are so cute!!! I love all puppies, but sometimes I think bully pups are the cutest.
I have two pit bulls, both male, both abandonded after being treated very badly. I love my boys, and both are very sweet and affectionate.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How did I miss these adorable puppies!! :D

I had an American Bulldog as a kid... well, he was at my house when my Mom brought me home :rolleyes: That guy was the greatest dawg, Big Brudder, guardian and playmate any kid could want.... Bullet! Aww.. now I miss him.

I wish I lived closer to Mississippi.. I'd request to be put on your "list" :)

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What I said was "Pit Bull overpopulation". I am one of those crazy pit bull owners that flap their arms in the air and scream "responsibility!!!"... I am also an avid AmBull lover and past owner. AmBulls have it just as hard these days with the misinformation, myth, BSL, and irresponsibility as Pit Bulls and pit mixes. I think that it rocks that you have the dogs spoken for before breeding... (as opposed to posting in classified ads, etc as your garden variety BYB). I am also impressed that you breed a working line. Weight pull? Bite sport? These are seriously wonderful dogs and sadly are a breed targeted for total elimination :( I do hope that you are a responsible breeder - god knows that there need to be more responsible breeders. Had you stated more information in your first post, I would not have stuck my neck out with the assumption that you were breeding Pit Bulls (I am of the belief that due to the huge over population of Pit Bulls and mixes that responsible Pit Bull breeders aren't even breeding right now... When purebred papered pups are hard to GIVE away, let alone sell to good homes... meh, I will get off the soap box). Anyway, sorry if I pissed you off. It is good to hear that you are trying to better the working lines and have pups presold (as opposed to selling them on forums). Good on ya mate or something.
I'm one of those. I stopped breeding APBT's a few years ago because it was too difficult to find decent homes for my pups, and because of the problem with Pit Bulls and anything that even remotely looks like one being stolen. I know people who have had AmBulls stolen, and Boston Terriers, and a French Bulldog, and a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and I'm sure that if any of these lived long enough they all got incorporated into the "Pit Bull" gene pool, which is really idiotic. If one of these abused mongrel dogs bites somebody, every short-haired muscular dog pays the price. I'm actually not breeding dogs at all now, not because of the AR people screaming for the extinction of all purebreds so that the dogs in the shelters can be adopted, but because where I live it's too difficult to find good homes for my breeds, including the Catahoulas. I've already had several inquiries from people who've made little effort to conceal that they are looking to the Catahoula to be the next "Bad Dawg of the Decade"; when the first thing someone asks you is if they can beat up a Pit, and how bad, followed by "how mean are they" and "how big do they get", something just lets you know that they aren't looking for a hunting dog or a cattle dog!

pitbulllady

ta2edpop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know how you feel. I have had several people with Cata's call looking to see if I would breed their female. I just tell them that I don't have anything they are looking for. I live in the delta of Mississippi, and dog fighting is still a big thing out here. I wish I had a dollar for every phone call that started with "How big the daddy be?" ooopppps. sorry I just sold my last one.
When on occasion I sell excess pups, it is rare I will let anybody come out. Just too many folks out there looking to steal dogs. Or robe you. Or robe you and steal your dogs. I've got way too many stories.
Thanks for the nice comments ya'll.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice pups

Sad how people automaticly assume APBT when they see a bully breed :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is sad. I agree. I know a lot of SBT owners, Dogo owners, etc that have to live with it daily...

With photos of tiny pups, though, with no info or captions, it is not a far stretched assumption that they are Pit Bulls... as opposed to say, Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i love them pups :clap: :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :worship: man's or womans best FRIEND thanks for the picts phil

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I AM NOT BLAMING THE BREED <edit>. I do blame irresponsible pet owners and back yard breeders for killing the breed that I love and honor.

Last edited by a moderator:

ta2edpop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bulldogs are hard to breed right?
Not if you hold them right!lol
The English tend to be. I always have had problems with them. The ones in the pictures are American Bulldogs and they really aren't.

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They breed easy and have large litters. It is totally the English bulldogs that you are thinking of.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pitbulls, regardless of how much people may hate them or not hate them for their arguably bad temperment, are ugly dogs, period. i wouldn't buy one just for that reason alone.

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What the hell does that have to do with this thread? Go start your own "pit bulls are ugly" thread for the fun of watching the responses... That was an overtly trolly thing to post.

ta2edpop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What the hell does that have to do with this thread? Go start your own "pit bulls are ugly" thread for the fun of watching the responses... That was an overtly trolly thing to post.[/QUOTE
I ...uuuhhh...got to agree with you there. I don't own Pitts, but I do love and appreciate a nice, sound well balanced APPT. What did that have to do with anything?
Hey ember-show us them those pretty pitts.:D

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What the hell does that have to do with this thread? Go start your own "pit bulls are ugly" thread for the fun of watching the responses... That was an overtly trolly thing to post.
it has everything to do with this thread. people are discussing how much they love pits so why can't I comment on an ugly breed? it's not called being a troll, it's called being opinionated. go whine somewhere else.