1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My N americanus Florida Morph

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by mickiem, Aug 2, 2017.

1. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    IMG_3026.JPG IMG_3020.JPG I have several color morphs of Cherry Foot millipedes but this is the most unusual I have seen. The base color is a soft creamy yellow and the bands are coral to red. The close up photo of the bands are a true color (on my phone). Hope the colors show up on your screen. Enjoy! Did I say I love new millipede day?!

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince

@ErinM31 check out this cherry foot!

3. 7Fin

7Fin Arachnoknight

Mickiem, you are seriously threatening my life with these levels of cute. You pics are great by the way <3

4. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince

You are too kind. It's the subject, not the photographer though. Cutie pies!

5. SlugPod

SlugPod Arachnoknight

Pretty!
    I wonder if I could find any where I live. I do live in Florida.
    The only millipedes I'm able to find are scarlets, bumblebees, and two flat backed small species not sure on exact species.
    I'll have to see where else I can look.

6. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arthropodess Arachnosupporter

Beautiful millipedes! These look like the ones that I was calling a rose-color morph, which may not be the most accurate descriptor, but was how they struck me. I really hope they do well for both of us and reproduce! :happy:

7. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince

Do yours have a yellow base? These are not very muted, the red is close to a coral. They almost look albino but their eyes are black. And I know the source would know if they were albino. :rolleyes: These are the most attractive native millipedes I have seen. I got 20 adults so I'm sure I will get some pedelings.

8. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arthropodess Arachnosupporter

Hmm, not so much yellow as antique-gold, almost olive. I would describe their bands as dusky rose -- definitely muted. We'll have to do some trading in the future -- gotta collect all the color morphs! :playful:

Congrats again on all your gorgeous new millipedes! :woot: