My N americanus Florida Morph

mickiem

Arachnoprince
IMG_3026.JPG IMG_3020.JPG I have several color morphs of Cherry Foot millipedes but this is the most unusual I have seen. The base color is a soft creamy yellow and the bands are coral to red. The close up photo of the bands are a true color (on my phone). Hope the colors show up on your screen. Enjoy! Did I say I love new millipede day?!

7Fin

Arachnoknight
Mickiem, you are seriously threatening my life with these levels of cute. You pics are great by the way <3

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Mickiem, you are seriously threatening my life with these levels of cute. You pics are great by the way <3
You are too kind. It's the subject, not the photographer though. Cutie pies!

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Pretty!
I wonder if I could find any where I live. I do live in Florida.
The only millipedes I'm able to find are scarlets, bumblebees, and two flat backed small species not sure on exact species.
I'll have to see where else I can look.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 247705 View attachment 247704 I have several color morphs of Cherry Foot millipedes but this is the most unusual I have seen. The base color is a soft creamy yellow and the bands are coral to red. The close up photo of the bands are a true color (on my phone). Hope the colors show up on your screen. Enjoy! Did I say I love new millipede day?!
Beautiful millipedes! These look like the ones that I was calling a rose-color morph, which may not be the most accurate descriptor, but was how they struck me. I really hope they do well for both of us and reproduce! :happy:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Beautiful millipedes! These look like the ones that I was calling a rose-color morph, which may not be the most accurate descriptor, but was how they struck me. I really hope they do well for both of us and reproduce! :happy:
Do yours have a yellow base? These are not very muted, the red is close to a coral. They almost look albino but their eyes are black. And I know the source would know if they were albino. :rolleyes: These are the most attractive native millipedes I have seen. I got 20 adults so I'm sure I will get some pedelings.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Do yours have a yellow base? These are not very muted, the red is close to a coral. They almost look albino but their eyes are black. And I know the source would know if they were albino. :rolleyes: These are the most attractive native millipedes I have seen. I got 20 adults so I'm sure I will get some pedelings.
Hmm, not so much yellow as antique-gold, almost olive. I would describe their bands as dusky rose -- definitely muted. We'll have to do some trading in the future -- gotta collect all the color morphs! :playful:

Congrats again on all your gorgeous new millipedes! :astonished: