My miniature functioning jungle ecosystem

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
So this setup will be used for my upcoming Scolopendra Gigantea/Galapagoensis breeding project. It has taken months to get everything functioning and thriving, I did have a few setbacks with species not cohabitating well but now it's finally fully functional with a working micro food chain to help keep everything beautiful and clean. Along with 6 species of live plant, there are 2 species of tiny soil millipedes, 1 species of tiny soil centipede, spring tails, peditory mites, drawf white isopods, earthworms and the behemoth of the mini jungle, A 9+"bl female Scolopendra Gigantea/Galapagoensis. I've provided thick root systems, deep fertile substrate, a heat pad on one side to keep the soil temp at a gradient of 65F night and 70F day as well as a blue 100w heat lamp for a clean natural look and a day time surface hot spot of 90F, the lower side stays at 75-78F. This miniature habitat is now super low maintenance since it is essentially a functioning ecosystem, self fertilizing and cleaning the substrate, all I do now to keep it going is a biweekly super heavy 5 min mist (I pretend I'm a cloud and it's raining in the jungle :punch:) hahaha all the plants are low light, so indirect sunlight is all they need. anyway I made this real short vid to show the results of all my hard work, It's not HD unfortunately, YouTube was being a jerk when I uploaded it. I'll get high quality pics later of it. Anyways let me know what you all think. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Cazador

Arachnosquire
Wow it's beautiful, that's like a centipede mansion. Congrats on getting it to mostly function on it's own, that must have taken a lot of fine tuning.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Looks like a lot of time and effort went into putting this together! Incredible job man. I'd tip my hat off to you if I had one.:)

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Wow. Just wow. this is absolutely amazing! Good job with it.

you really seem to have everything growing and meshing together very well. Looks beautiful :)