My millpede viv, and looking for suggestion for other occupants

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I like the idea of communal tanks, and this is my try at one. It houses 9 Chicobolus spinigerus (ivories), 4 Narceus americanus, a Tylobolus castsneus, 4 Vonones ornata (harvestment), a single Gymnetis thula (flower beetle), and spingtails... also grain mites and tiny flies.

As far as plants, I know there's a peace lily, a pothos of some sort, a pixie pothos, a jade succulent, 3 snake plants, and rabbits foot fern, and 3 unknowns. I had a purple wandering jew....but I killed it somehow... I want another one. Other than that, none of the current occupants bother the plants much. Although, I temporarily housed an AGB milli in here and he ate at the peace lily.

The ivories and the flower beetle wander all over the tank, but everyone else stays on the ground or mid-level. I have a plant or bushes of sphagnum moss positioned under the riskier edges, as cushioning. I want to add more occupants, but I don't want the plants or the Vonones to get eaten.

Some ideas I'm playing around with are: cellar spiders, a ghost mantis, a small jumping spider, a grove snail, and I will probably add earwigs at some point, I like earwigs. And I'm open to any of your thoughts or suggestions in this matter.

Comments, concerns, suggestions?

Attachments

Last edited:

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like the look of your vivarium! How long have you had it, and what is the substrate composed of?

tewebag

Arachnoknight
These pictures are like a game, I spent way to long trying to location any living creature in them :happy:

I love the look of this.

I only managed to find one millipede. I need to try this on my computer instead of just mobile....

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
@Aquarimax I've only had it for about 3 months. It was intended to be a big aquarium for a betta... but then I cracked it, 2 hours after I got it, and here we are.
Approximately 70% of the substrate is from bugsincyberspace (it's also in the plant pots). The rest is a combination of ABG mix, Eco-Earth, peat moss, pieces of oak I found, and different oak leaves. It's all mixed together in there.

@tewebag I think only one was visible in there, lol. I took a picture just now, with some more of the ivories and how they like to sleep. I rarely see the harvestmen, they like to hang out under the cholla woods.

Attachments

Last edited: