My LP is here! Take a look!

Tonys spiders

Arachnosquire
Hey steven i have tons of LPs, around 50, if you want some
Theyre here for ya. And out of the 50 i have they are fast growers and some are already going from 2i to 3i. So i believe her little lp will be fine, theyre hary lil guys.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
At 1st instar, it shouldn't be burrowing
Since I switched incubators a few months ago, I have seen two different species of Psalmopoeus burrow a little at first instar. A few would inhabit the little burrow and molt in there. I can't speak for other species, just that first instars burrowing isn't out of the realm of possibilties. ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey steven i have tons of LPs, around 50, if you want some
Theyre here for ya. And out of the 50 i have they are fast growers and some are already going from 2i to 3i. So i believe her little lp will be fine, theyre hary lil guys.
a PM is on the way ;)

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't read the whole thread but maybe those pictures can help you.

You can provide small enclosure for you Lasiodora parahybana sling.

First 2 pictures are Psalmopoeus cambridgei

Last picture is Acanthoscurria geniculata.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
Should I keep the 1st instar on paper towel or should I use coco fiber? The paper towel will harvest bacteria faster, I know that much and it doesn't hold moisture as long...From what I've been experiencing. I just didn't think the 1st instar could get around too well on it...But it's a spider soooo it probably can.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Personally, i think its up to you. The 1st instars that i seperate, i keep them on coco fiber. Being you only have 1, you could go with paper towel. It will hold the moisture better, and really should mold or anything, since you wont be feeding yet.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Since I switched incubators a few months ago, I have seen two different species of Psalmopoeus burrow a little at first instar. A few would inhabit the little burrow and molt in there. I can't speak for other species, just that first instars burrowing isn't out of the realm of possibilties. ;)
Really?
Neat!
You didn't happen to get pics of it, did you?

I didn't read the whole thread...[/IMG]
The sling in question is still 1st instar.

Should I keep the 1st instar on paper towel or should I use coco fiber? The paper towel will harvest bacteria faster, I know that much and it doesn't hold moisture as long...From what I've been experiencing. I just didn't think the 1st instar could get around too well on it...But it's a spider soooo it probably can.
They will probably harbor the same amount of bacteria. It doesn't really matter what substrate you use, just as long as you can maintain a humid environment until it molts. It should just be substrate and nothing else, to help you monitor him easier.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
Thanks, I'll just keep it on paper towel. I need to switch out today, in fact I need to track the days I put paper towel so I don't forget and have it get moldy or something. I know I'm not feeding it yet but still, it might get some mildew.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
I switched the LP into a small vial. I hope it's okay. I misted it some to get the humidity up. I decided to go with coco fiber instead, since it's easier to keep up with IMO.

vial.jpg

Vial next to a nickel just to show size.
nickel next to vial.jpg

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We had a shipping snafu where the wrong LP were pulled from the incubator. It was a simple mistake and I should have not have left them where they were easily mistaken for what should have gone out. It is totally my fault. I have had a talk with Vic and Leon to make sure it will not happen again as well as rearranged the incubators (and my whole house for those who follow my FB lol)

The situation has been dealt with and those few effected have been generously compensated. If you are not directly effected please do not bug me (pun intended) about this.

Amy, your sling looks like it is doing great. It is a little fighter and I hope the best for it :) I think of the little guy/gal bouncing around the vial while shipping it is almost comical. She is so round like a little cream colored ball. Her brothers and sisters are partying minus a few. Please keep me updated on it :)

Last edited:

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
We had a shipping snafu where the wrong LP were pulled from the incubator. It was a simple mistake and I should have not have left them where they were easily mistaken for what should have gone out. It is totally my fault. I have had a talk with Vic and Leon to make sure it will not happen again as well as rearranged the incubators (and my whole house for those who follow my FB lol)

The situation has been dealt with and those few effected have been generously compensated. If you are not directly effected please do not bug me (pun intended) about this.

Amy, your sling looks like it is doing great. It is a little fighter and I hope the best for it :) I think of the little guy/gal bouncing around the vial while shipping it is almost comical. She is so round like a little cream colored ball. Her brothers and sisters are partying minus a few. Please keep me updated on it :)
People were bugging you about this?? I sure hope not. That would be unfair as I did try to inform people that it was a mistake after I found out.
Glad you made it clear, though.

I will definitely keep you and everyone else updated on my sling! So far it's doing well.

Thank you!

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
It's awesome to see people have a good attitude about this. I hope everything goes excellently for your LP.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I now realize I have to go back to Flightless Fruit Flies to feed this one. -.- I hate those things.
Check out Tribolium confusum the flour beetle. adult beetles are about 1/8" and have a very high chitin content. From what I've read super easy to culture and completely dry so probably no mites or fungus to worry about. I'm gonna try to get some, the last place I tried was out of stock. :(
Seems I went to a few winter camps as a kid where these showed up in the oatmeal at the cafeteria, perhaps I should drive to McCall...