My jumping spider isn’t eating.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Mine is similar size like that. He was one of the smallest ones they had so I took him
Then he absolutely won't be mature then. He must be coming up to moult.
Same lid same spider. Young compared (the waxworm video) to full grown.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
Just a quick question how do I know if he’s gonna molt because I notice he’s in his little home and he’s kinda webbing himself a little. Is that a sign there gonna molt or is it something else? It’s probably why he’s refusing food.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Just a quick question how do I know if he’s gonna molt because I notice he’s in his little home and he’s kinda webbing himself a little. Is that a sign there gonna molt or is it something else? It’s probably why he’s refusing food.
If he's in his hammock it means he's not hungry. If he's in his hammock for a couple of days he's preparing to moult.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
If he's in his hammock it means he's not hungry. If he's in his hammock for a couple of days he's preparing to moult.
How long does it usually take for them to molt? Sorry for asking so many questions It’s my first jumping spider and I don’t want him to starve. I tired feeding him baby crickets a few days ago yet he still didn’t take it.

basin79

ArachnoGod
How long does it usually take for them to molt? Sorry for asking so many questions It’s my first jumping spider and I don’t want him to starve. I tired feeding him baby crickets a few days ago yet he still didn’t take it.
Not too long. Depending on age they'll disappear from 5-14 days or so. You'll know if a jumping spider is hungry as they'll be out walking around their enclosure.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
Well sometimes he moves around his enclosure but i see him web majority of the time. He just backs away from food.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Well sometimes he moves around his enclosure but i see him web majority of the time. He just backs away from food.
What live food have you tried? Mine never turned down a cricket, waxworm or *fly when hungry.

*Captive bred and raised maggots that I hatched. NOT wild flies.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Baby crickets and baby Dubia roaches they’re a lot smaller than him he’s like an inch
If he's that big he sounds fully grown. Has he definitely not got the mature male boxing gloves (pedipalps). Also if he's that big the crickets will be too small maybe.

Jayvicularia

Small Batch Seller
Do jumpers need sunlight or is ok to keep thwm dimly lit with my yarantulas?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Do jumpers need sunlight or is ok to keep thwm dimly lit with my yarantulas?
Jumpers are completely different to tarantulas. They hunt visually. So they do need a day/night cycle. They need to be able to see their prey. Just having their enclosure in a room with a window will do so long as you class it as a "light" room they'll be fine. Although as @Ungoliant typed don't put their enclosure say on a windowsill or direct sunlight.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
Great news my jumping spider is finally eating I guess he wasn’t in pre molt he took a baby cricket and he’s eating right not finally. Got worried for a moment.