My Isopods

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
My interest in isopods is still relatively new but they are very quickly growing to be some of my favorite invertebrates in my collection. So far I only have a few young colonies going but I can positively say its not going to stay that way.

As you can see in the pic my isopods only take up 1 shelf so far. But I'll be taking pictures of everything I have when I get a chance and continually update this thread on my isopods.
IMG_20181205_152624752.jpg

The first species I'll post is Armadillidium vulgare....this is actually a colony of wild caught individuals I collected back in October which began my first colony and really jump started my interest in these little inverts.

Here is one of the solid colored individuals
DSC01889.JPG

Here is one of the individuals with the gold/yellow marking
DSC01892.JPG

Speg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love ISO’s! I went to Repticon today and they had like NONE... boo

basement pets

Arachnosquire
I keep 6 species of Isopods and I love them too! If you want some more exotic isopods to add to your collection, I would check out Captive Isopoda.

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
@carters critters Luckily the expos in Denver usually have an excellent variety of isopods so I'm actually able to get most in person which is nice since paying for shipping sucks.

Got a few pics of one of my Armadillidium maculatum....though it didn't still very good for me so the pics turned out blurry....of course...

IMG_20181205_142906487.jpg IMG_20181205_142912913.jpg

basement pets

Arachnosquire
@carters critters Luckily the expos in Denver usually have an excellent variety of isopods so I'm actually able to get most in person which is nice since paying for shipping sucks.

Got a few pics of one of my Armadillidium maculatum....though it didn't still very good for me so the pics turned out blurry....of course...

View attachment 294444 View attachment 294445
I haven't gotten that species yet but I think that it might be the next species I get.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
That’s awesome. I just got three new species expanding my collection to five species which I’m happy with. The new ones I got porcelain magnifica, alloniscus perconvexus, and clown isopods and so far of the three the alloniscus is my favorite.

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
That’s awesome. I just got three new species expanding my collection to five species which I’m happy with. The new ones I got porcelain magnifica, alloniscus perconvexus, and clown isopods and so far of the three the alloniscus is my favorite.
That's pretty awesome. I don't have any of those species yet, though the clowns are on my next to buy list.

PettyConcerns

Arachnopeon
That sounds like a great collection. Where did you score the alloniscus?